Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants vs. Steelers (Wk. 8)

Hybrid View

Angry Giants vs. Steelers (Wk. 8)

vs.

Sunday October 26, 2008
    Heinz Field - 4:15 PM EST

This game is filled with intriguing story lines: Burress eager for his return to Pittsburgh, Eli vs Ben (Draft class of 2004), #1 Rushing Offense vs. #1 Rushing Defense, #2 Total Offense vs. #1 Total Defense and Defending Super Bowl Champs come to Pittsburgh! Regardless what headline you pick this is going to be a great game and a match-up of two great teams. Ultimately this game will probably come down to which team can capitalize on the others mistakes.

The Steelers offensive line has really picked up their game since the Eagles game 3 weeks back. Since that game Ben has only been sacked 6 times in 3 games, 3 each by the Browns and Jags and 0 last week by the Bengals. That is a huge improvement considering he was sacked 8 times alone against the Eagles. The line has also been opening up some nice holes for backup RB Mewelde Moore who has been filling in for the injured Willie Parker. Moore has been presenting an impressive case on why he should be the starter in Pittsburgh. He's only rushed for 219 yards in the last two games he has started for an average of 5.9 yards per carry which is almost a whole 2 yards more than Parker. You're probably saying "It's only 2 yards, what's the big deal?" Well, when the team is facing a 2nd and 4 compared to a 2nd and 6 the play book can really be opened up and it gives Ben his chances to go down field. As of today, it looks like Parker will be returning this Sunday, but we can expect to see a lot of Moore as well and maybe even some Najeh for those tough yard situations.

The Giants responded last weekend after being embarrassed by the Browns on Monday night two weeks back. Although last week they had to come from behind late in the game to beat the 49ers who have been struggling all year. Being the Giants have been in a bit of a slump the past two weekends makes this match-up even scarier because you know a team like the Giants are not going to be in a slump for forever.

The key for a Steelers win is simple:
    • Pressure Eli and force turnovers
    • Capitalize on turnovers
    • O-Line continue to protect Ben as they have been

Join us this Sunday afternoon as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 10-30-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I agree, keep it simple, dont beat ourselves, and we walk away beating up on the Defendinf SB champs. No Osi or Strahan makes this so much easier on us. Not sure if I would have the same swagger if both of them were playing on Sunday. The giants still have a good Def, but our Off is better, and that will be the difference in this game. Our Def will also prove to be too much for the Giants, and Eli Sissy Pants... He will continue to look at the ground for answers. This could be the best Def we have had in 10 years or better. I know its better than the one that won us a ring a couple years ago. And it will only get better over the next couple years. gotta love it...Go Steelers.

Looking forward to this game..........Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    What is going on here? Why does everyone seem to be avoiding this section? This is the biggest game of the year, and no one is stepping up like you all have over the last 6 games. I know everyone cant be feeling a little worried or unsure about our chances in this. These guys are coming into our house. They are not going to bully us around on our field. We are going to set the tone early, and make them wish they never got off the bus. Can you not feel that?

HERE WE GO , HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by coggsnyrnyg View Post
    HERE WE GO , HERE WE GO!

What's with everyone wanting to copy the Steelers... first it was the Terrible Towel and now it's their chant!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Everyone wants to have as storied a franchise as we do....

OK, lets get this right!

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    What's with everyone wanting to copy the Steelers... first it was the Terrible Towel and now it's their chant!

Been the Giants chant since 1925? Terrible towels? Those things look like snot rags.

My Mood
    broncos-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post

Because no other team can come up with their own **** so everyone copies the best Team in the NFL.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play" - Jack Lambert

"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while." - Jack Lambert.

Thread Information