Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Redskins MNF (Wk. 9) W 23-6

Smile Steelers vs. Redskins MNF (Wk. 9) W 23-6

vs.

Monday November 3, 2008
    8:30 PM EST

Last week the Steelers faced the number 1 rushing offense in the league and held them in check with only 83 total yards of rushing. This week the Steelers face the number 2 ranked rushing offense in the Washington Redskins, so it will be another tough matchup for the Steelers D. This time around though the QB's for the opposing teams are much different. Jason Campbell of the Redskins is definitely no Eli Manning and the Steelers D will should expose the huge difference in the two. Campbell though has yet to throw an INT this year in 230 attempts. Granted the Redskins rely on the running game so he is a Big Ben of 2004 and just manages the game and doesn't cost his team opportunities. As a matter of fact though, when the Redskins haven't been able to get their running game going and have had to rely on Campbell they have lost! The first loss came against the Giants where they only put up 84 yards and the second came against the Rams and they held the Skins to 76 yards rushing.

The Steelers offensive line has really been picking what weeks they feel like showing up and that's just not cutting it! At one point last week Ben had dropped back 28 times and had been knocked down 14 times, how can any QB sustain a high number of hits week in and week out and expect to make it the length of the season? Is Ben still holding onto the ball to long or is the line really that bad? I guess we won't know the answer until Ben gets hurt and misses a game and Byron has to start <<knock on wood that that doesn't happen>>.

Will Parker be back this week? Who knows and frankly I don't think it matters. Moore has been doing a phenomenal job and is actually leading the team in rushing by 60 yards. I know, you're saying "But Parker has missed the last three games!" and my response is "Moore has one less rushing attempt than Parker!". That's right! Moore is averaging 5 yards per carry where Parker is only at 4 per carry. Yes it would be nice to have Parker back but it should be as a backup to Moore so the Steelers can have the Crash and Flash duo. Also, this week Holmes will be returning to the starting lineup so maybe if he has a good game and scores a couple of touchdowns he can shut all of us up, including myself, for giving him crap by saying because he wasn't around is why the Steelers lost. Please... prove us wrong Holmes!

This week the Steelers not only need to keep it they also need to stop the run, so with that here are the things the Steelers need to do to get back into the win column:
    • Stop the Run
    • Eliminate Turnovers
    • Protect Ben

Join us this Monday night as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 11-04-2008 at 03:21 AM.

Heard a stat on sirius and I could
    We gained 2 yards inthe 4th Quarter in the Giants game

What really,really,really sucked for me,,,, I was there along with Steelerlyn,Nova & his girlfiend and my cousins were there,,,,,I wanted to throw my towel at BA,,,,,,,,,,We have got to do a better job at play calling,our "D" should contain portis and hopefully our offense will get on track

STEELERS 24
    Skins 13

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Did you just say 2 yards? How long did we have the ball?

This is going to be a tough game because our play calling sucks, BA sucks, our Oline sucks, and our Def cant play for 45 minutes and hope this team can win. Its clear Ben can not continue to play under this kind of Pressure and win games. He will be lucky to see a game in Dec if he keeps getting hit like this. With all that I still like the Steelers in this.

26-23 Steelers in OT......

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    What really,really,really sucked for me,,,, I was there along with Steelerlyn,Nova & his girlfiend and my cousins were there,,,,,I wanted to throw my towel at BA,,,,,,,,,,We have got to do a better job at play calling,our "D" should contain portis and hopefully our offense will get on track

STEELERS 24
    Skins 13
    What SAMICH said Like the stats have shown, you cutt out Portis and the skins will drop like a prom dress

STEELERS 27
    forskins 13

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    STEELERS 27
    SKINS 21

i was watching the first game of the season against the texans last night. (recorded obviously) one thing i noticed was we were using heath A LOT more. we threw more screens, quick slants, and play-actions. where have these gone?? but, i feel good about this monday night!

Stillers 24
    Deadskinz 14
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Heath is far better when used in the passing game... they really need to get him involved and keep him involved!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Heath is far better when used in the passing game... they really need to get him involved and keep him involved!
    I think we talk about this every week, yet we never see him used like we all think he should be. Why do you think that is? Do they know something we dont?

24-14, Willie Parker is supposed to play and split time with Moore, hopefully it works out.

I'm also going to this game, Go Steelers!

Heard on sirius from Adam Caplan that Willie's knee is not even close to a 100% and he will be wearing a knee brace,,,,,,After hearing this , I believe he'll be backing up Moore and only get around 10 carries

Thread Information