Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Giants predictions

Bookmark and Share

Steelers vs Giants predictions

So folks! As stated in serveral other posts, its just around the cornor. Probably the most anticipated game this year. Pittsburgh Steelers vs New York Giants collide in Pittsburgh for what could pan out as the defensive game of the year!

How do you guys think this'll pan out?

Despite the fact that both of these teams are really good defensive team, i think its going to be a pretty high scoring game. 27-21 steelers!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Hoping for a Steeler win........27-24
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

According to The Weather Channel, there's a high likelihood of steady, soaking rain on Saturday, and Pitt will be hosting Rutgers that day. That means the field might not be in the best condition come Sunday, even though there's only a 30-percent chance of scattered showers. Temperatures at kickoff should be around 50 degrees, but will drop into the 40s as the game wears on.

I see a low- to moderate-scoring game. I'll say 21-17 Steelers.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Im going to go out on a limb here... 31-17 steelers. No, i dont think we are 14 points better than the giants (on paper). Im taking into account the body-of-work (i stole that from Tomlin) of both teams:
    Our worst game, a nine point loss to PHI in which or QB and RB didnt finish. Steelers qbs were sacked like 9 times, we lost T.O.P. and amassed less than 200 yards on offense. That was still a 7 point game with 3 minutes left.

Ny's worst game: a 35-14 drumming by the Clowns. A game in where Eli looked horrible throwing 3 INT's, DA threw for 300+ all while NY was abhle to run the ball at will.

I dont expect NY play that poorly again. At the same time i dont see Jacobs,Ward and Bradshaw running all over us. If we can eliminte TO's and keep ben upright, their secondary can/will be exploited ealry and often! With Parker back, hopefully, and MeMo playin so well its gonna add another dynamic to this offense. This one could get ugly!

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    17-13 STEELERS WIN!!!!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I'll make it simple....Steelers win.

Steelers 23 - Giants 17

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    With or with out Turnovers, I say its a beat down on the Giants. Sure anything can happen, but I really think the Steelers are far better than the Giants. I have already given a score, and I think it was 37-16, or something close to that. Dick wont let Eli have a the same type of game he had against us last time. I see loads of pressure coming at him, and 5-7 sacks sounds about right to me. Maybe even 2-3 fumbles. eli is good for that.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    With or with out Turnovers, I say its a beat down on the Giants. Sure anything can happen, but I really think the Steelers are far better than the Giants. I have already given a score, and I think it was 37-16, or something close to that. Dick wont let Eli have a the same type of game he had against us last time. I see loads of pressure coming at him, and 5-7 sacks sounds about right to me. Maybe even 2-3 fumbles. eli is good for that.
    Hoping you're right. it would sure be sweet!!

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Giants have a very slow, very weak, and very exploitable set of linebackers. This unit was weak before Pierce and the weakside starter were injured. They are subject to being torched by short passes to the RBs, crossing routes to the WRs and downfield by TEs. With the exception of Pierce they can be manhandled on the ground. With a rookie starting on the weakside this week, and Pierce either out of action or limited by injury, the Steelers will be able to take advantage of these guys repeatedly. In my view, that will be in the form of many short passes early in the game, which will set up the Steelers exploitation of the Giant's secondary. I also expect a flurry of short passes early because that is the most effective way to nuetralize the Giants defensive line pressure. Those guys will get to the quarterback, there is no doubt about that, but if the quarterback has gotten rid of the ball before they get there, it doesn't matter. JT O'Sullivan holds the ball even longer than Ben does, and he paid the price against the Giants. I presume that Arians and Ben have seen enough of that game to understand that a key to victory is to get rid of the ball quickly, via short passes, in the process exploiting those weak LBs and setting up the secondary for deep balls later.

2) The Giants have no playmakers in the secondary, and that's because they are all, at best, average in coverage and not particularly instinctive or athletic. This group showed against the 49ers that they can be burnt deep, particularly after being exposed to a litany of short passes early. No player in that secondary can stay with Holmes or Washington down the field; there's no question about that. Roethlisberger will have opportunities to hit open receviers deep once the short passing game is established.

3) The Giants are a mediocre offense built almost entirely around their running game. Take the running game away, and you force the game into the subpar hands of Eli Manning, who despite having a Super Bowl ring is nothing but an ordinary QB of ordinary skill (he'd be a backup in this league if he had a different last name). This Steelers defense has absolutely no problem standing up to and thwarting a power running attack, especially one commanded by a mediocre QB, and that's exactly what they will do here. The Giants will have to abandon the run relatively early in this game, and that spells disaster for them. Burress is banged up (although I think he may be faking his neck and shoulder injuries so he has an excuse ready Sunday) and the Giants have no other receiver the Steelers have to worry about, even with McFadden out and even with Polamalu banged up. The bottom line here is that if you stop the Giants run game, you stop the Giants offense. There is no doubt the Steelers can and will stop their run game.

4) This is one case where this isn't a cliche: the Steelers crowd and the Heinz Field atmosphere is going to have Eli literally peeing his pants, especially after the Steelers start rolling. The ripple effect from their 'leader' wilting will be evident, as the Giants implode and start pointing fingers at each other and looking in disbelief at the scoreboard.

The only way the Steelers lose this game is if they turn the ball over a couple of times that give the Giants a really short field on offense. I expect that won't happen. What I do expect is that the Steelers will have 4 or 5 scoring drives in excess of 60 yards, scoring between 24 and 31 points, while the defense holds the Giants offense to a couple of field goals and perhaps a meaningless touchdown. Put that all in the mixing bowl, it comes out Steelers 28 Giants 17.

Thread Information