Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heinz Field turf...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by PITT23 View Post
    The problem is that it takes more wear than most NFL stadiums since it's shared with Pitt and high school playoffs.
    Yep. That and the weather in Western PA isn't great. By December everything between the hash marks and between the 10's will just be dirt they spray paint green. I hate to say it, but they need to think about the new field turf.

I also wonder if there is something wrong with the cleats the Steelers wear. I see them slip a lot more than the opposing team.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    seahawks-hater
    The Baltimore Ravens use Field Turf. They can't be doing this crap with PITT and the high school teams. It is pretty cool to see the high school teams play there but whats with PITT? They should get their own pad.

House of Steel
    Well someone once told me, what college kid wouldn't want the opportunity to play at the home of the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers? I agree, we really need to do something to that darn field. Field Turf. The hell with Astro Turf, damn I played on that **** at Toledo and let me tell you it hurts like hell getting bodyslammed on that surface. About 85% of the time, my knees are ice wrapped after the game in the locker room.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The bottom line is there is way to much slipping going on here. Something needs to be done to fix this problem. There is no advantage when our players can slip as easily as the opponents. Not to mention that someone will get hurt playing on this surface.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Wouldn't longer cleats help?
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I think it's safe to say that we lose quite a few yards every home game because of it! I've seen what COULD have been a breakout run stopped dead in it's tracks because of a slip--for OUR guys--the opposing teams don't seem to slip as often as ours, which makes no sense.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Build another stadium, get all the other teams out of there and grow real grass Problem solved
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    You'd think that all those slips would cause more injuries as well (forgot to mention that in my last post)--those can be quite costly in and of themselves-- in more ways than one.

House of Steel
    You want to try and convince the taxpayers the funding for a new stadium for the High Schools and Pitt, Capt? You already are seeing a lot of school levies going down all the time. That isn't going to win in Western Pennsylvania, I will tell you that from a taxpayer's standpoint. They will call you a crazy, insane fool.

Thread Information