Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Re-signed St. Pierre, and cut Johnson, Humes and re-signed Nua.

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel

Steelers Re-signed St. Pierre, and cut Johnson, Humes and re-signed Nua.

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers re-signed veteran quarterback Brian St. Pierre today to their active roster.
    St. Pierre (6-3, 230) was released on Saturday, Oct. 14, from the Steelers 53-man roster. He was signed to Pittsburgh's practice squad on Sept. 4, two days before being signed to the team's active roster. He spent last year with the Baltimore Ravens.

St. Pierre was originally drafted by the Steelers in the fifth round (163rd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft and then spent time on both the active roster and the practice squad for Pittsburgh. After being waived on Sept. 3, 2005, St. Pierre was signed to the Baltimore Ravens' practice squad on Sept. 22, 2005, and signed to the active roster on Dec. 8. St. Pierre, who was waived by the Ravens on Sept. 2, 2006, has played in one career game, which was the Steelers' season finale against the Buffalo Bills on Jan. 2, 2005.

To make room for St. Pierre, the Steelers waived rookie cornerback Jovon Johnson from their active roster. Johnson (5-9, 177) was signed to the Steelers' practice squad on October 10. He previously spent time in the New York Jets' training camp but was waived on Aug. 28.

The Steelers also terminated rookie running back Cedric Humes (6-1, 233) from their practice squad and re-signed second-year defensive end Shaun Nua (6-5, 280) back to the practice squad.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Releasing Cedric makes sense now that Najeh has stepped up to the plate. Jovon hasnt played anyways but being that we are thin at CB right now they may put him back on the PS.

I like having 3 QB's on this roster, atleast for this year and BSP knows our offense enough to be effective if need be.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Sounds like some good moves. As mentioned no need for Humes now. Jovon probably wouldnt have seen playing time anyways.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i was happy when we drafted humes but no need for him anymore.....dookie and willie will be good together this year, and i feel sorry for st. pierre, i'd hate to keep getting cut and resigned cut and resigned lol.....
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    he's used to it by now Im sure but Im sure that doesn't make it any easier on him..he's been cut and brought back more than a 5.00 hooker on a holiday weekend !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    he's used to it by now Im sure but Im sure that doesn't make it any easier on him..he's been cut and brought back more than a 5.00 hooker on a holiday weekend !

Ummm.... How do you know that?

I wouldn't mind being in St. Pierre position, at least you know he's getting paid There is going to come a time though when he tells the Steelers to **** off because he is tired of being there "$5 hooker on a Holiday Weekend"

well humes never really amounted to much for us. maybe he'll resurface with another team next year.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I bet Brian's just wishin they'd make up their minds already!

Poor guy, gotta feel sorry for him...

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    You know ,Brian will be cut again before the years out
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Thread Information