Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers are right back in the AFC North race...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

The Steelers are right back in the AFC North race...

Wow did things fall the Steelers way or what today or what with the Ravens and Bengals losing and the Ravens also losing Steve McNair to injury now and possibly having to have Kyle Boller be there QB here the next several weeks. I wrote a post here last Sunday night that said that the Steelers could win there next 6 games and the Ravens and Bengals could lose a few in between that they would be right back in it and that is exactly what happened today. People need to realize that there is just too many games left to put the Steelers out of this thing and all they needed was one good week for everything to fall there way with them winning and other teams losing and it finally happened this week. Im telling you I still say the Steelers are going to win there next 5 games against Atlanta,Oakland,Denver,New Orleans,and Cleveland and they will be 7-3 going into Baltimore November 26th. Baltimore's next 2 games after the bye are against New Orleans on the road and Cincy. Cincy has Carolina and Atlanta at home the next 2 weeks before going to Baltimore the week the Steelers play Denver. Both of these teams Im telling you will lose games here the next 3 weeks or so and if the Steelers can keep winning as I said on here last week in my post there gonna be in great position to win the North come late November early December. The Steelers came out today and made a statement to the Chiefs. That they still are and can be a force and I expect this game to be a turning point in the season when this team does indeed win the North. We will be looking back to this week and this beating we gave the Chiefs today combined with the Cincy loss to Tampa and Baltimore losing McNair and losing to Carolina as the week where this season turned around. Im going to go on record once again right saying we will win the next 5 games and be 7-3 going into Baltimore Thanksgiving weekend and either tied for first or in first place all by ourselves.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I emplore your enthusiasm as we look ahead to what can possibly happen as the season unfolds. It's truely anybody's division right now..well except for maybe the browns

But Im far to leary of trying to think ahead too far, I don't want to jinx us If we keep playing like this it's going to get real interesting come late November and December !

If we can get a little momentum going, that Denver game will be the true litmus test of where we stand. They are playing pretty solid football right now.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    If we can get a little momentum going, that Denver game will be the true litmus test of where we stand. They are playing pretty solid football right now.
    Are they? They haven't had much of an offense for 2 weeks now.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Man I hope the Steelers are just thinking about the Falcons. Thats what they should be doing. One game at a time.

The thing is the Ravens are overrated. Their offense blows. Did anyone see how the Ravens scored two of their TD's yesterday. Two of them were tipped balls that fell into the hands of Clayton.

The Bengals can't stop the run. They will continue to struggle all year. The Bengals really miss Odell Thurman at MLB. Plus Sam Adams is fat and old. So he isn't stopping the run like the Bengals hoped he would.

If the Steelers can go on a winning streak then the AFC North will get very interesting. I thought a team would have to win 12-13 games going into this year to win the AFC North. By the look of things right now it might only take 10-11 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Are they? They haven't had much of an offense for 2 weeks now.
    Who needs offense when you're only giving up 7 points a game? They'll have revenge on their minds, too...I think that and the Panthers game are the two biggest hurdles on our remaining schedule.

Right now I would put Denver as the biggest opponent to face but I don't want to look past Atlanta. I think Mike Vick is erratic and sporatic enough that he will have to be contained. The Steelers just need to keep up the momentum and they will again be in the playoffs.

BuFu

Even if the Denver offense doesn't give the Steelers any trouble their defense will definitely test our offense and let us know if Ben is back. They have only given up 1 TD this year and that was in the 4th quarter when it no longer mattered against the Pats (as I'm sure everyone heard last night during the game!).

Denver isn't until the 5th of November, I think we need to focus on Atlanta right now and not get to far ahead of ourselves Things are definitely looking a whole lot better now though!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Even if the Denver offense doesn't give the Steelers any trouble their defense will definitely test our offense and let us know if Ben is back. They have only given up 1 TD this year and that was in the 4th quarter when it no longer mattered against the Pats (as I'm sure everyone heard last night during the game!).

Denver isn't until the 5th of November, I think we need to focus on Atlanta right now and not get to far ahead of ourselves Things are definitely looking a whole lot better now though!
    Couldn't agree with you more AZ. The only focus right now is the Atlanta Falcons. Its going to be tough down in the Georgia Dome. But the Steelers play like the Steelers then we can win.

Let's just take this one game at a time. This is the same attitude we had to have last year and it took us all the way to to the Super Bowl. The AFC North is definately up for grabs, just like I have been saying for the past couple of weeks...now let's take it back!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Thread Information