Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simply Hines

Hybrid View

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

Simply Hines

Laid the F'k out ....

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxc9OxIJyc[/MEDIA]

Before I hear from the "whiney bitch" crowd, I'll say it .... "CLEAN HIT"

This is part of football folks; part of the game .... I love Hines Ward and everything about his style of football. All I can say to the younger kids is ... ENJOY IT! ... ENJOY WACHING THIS GUY PLAY .... because the league won't allow it soon.

Cincinnati Bengals' Rivers breaks jaw, likely out for season
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Joe Kay, The Associated Press –
    36 mins ago

CINCINNATI - A jolting block by Pittsburgh receiver Hines Ward broke the jaw of Cincinnati Bengals rookie linebacker Keith Rivers, likely ending his season.

Ward knocked Rivers down with a straight-up hit Sunday on the fourth play of the Steelers' 38-10 victory. Rivers, a first-round draft pick, stayed down on the field for several minutes before walking off without assistance. Tests found the fracture.

Ward, a former Super Bowl MVP, is known as one of the league's toughest blockers. He wasn't penalized for the block against a player who is two inches taller and about 35 pounds heavier.

"I'm not doing anything illegal," Ward said. "It was a clean hit. I didn't stand over the guy or anything. I just celebrated the same as a guy does when he gets a sack.

"We'll see. I'm not going to change my ways. If they're going to keep fining me for that, then I'm going to get fined all year. I don't know if I hurt him or not, but that wasn't my intention."

Ward was fined $15,000 by the league for non-penalized hits on consecutive weeks earlier in the season. Team chairman Dan Rooney and coach Mike Tomlin contacted the league about the fines last week.

Safety Troy Polamalu also spoke out last week, saying the league was turning the game into "flag football, two-hand touch" by taking such a hard line on hits.

The latest came on the fourth play of the game Sunday. Ben Roethlisberger completed a six-yard pass to Matt Spaeth near the right sideline, and Rivers tried to chase him down. Ward was farther downfield, saw the linebacker coming and levelled him.

"I'm not going to wait around until you hit me," Ward said. "It was a clean hit. I didn't get penalized for it."

Rivers was the Bengals' second-leading tackler for the season, starting every game. Linebacker Brandon Johnson will get more playing time with Rivers out. Johnson finished tied for the team lead with seven tackles on Sunday.

Johnson saw a double standard at work.

"No flag came out because it wasn't a quarterback," Johnson said. "If he was a quarterback, then they definitely would have thrown the flag. If it was a receiver, they definitely would have thrown the flag. It's just something that comes with playing defence. If you play defence, then you're pretty much expendable, I guess.

"It's part of the game. It was a good block. If I was in Hines Ward's shoes, I probably would have taken the same shot. You can't really blame him."
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

I'm sure his wallet will be lighter in the morning,,,,,,,even though it was a clean hit !

Didn't get to watch the game,but I listened to t on sirius and the announcers were going wild after that hit,,,,,,,Bragging on ward

I love it,,,,,,,Old School "hell yeah"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Absolutely outstanding hit, if that one doesn't make the highlight reel for best hits of the year I don't know what will.

I love this statement..

"We'll see. I'm not going to change my ways. If they're going to keep fining me for that, then I'm going to get fined all year. I don't know if I hurt him or not, but that wasn't my intention."

Reppin' 724
    broke his mother****ing jaw.....damn

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    broke his mother****ing jaw.....damn

I know right, how many people can say that in their careers

I just had to watch this one more time tonight

My Mood
    Smokin
    That was awesome...we watched it over a few times on commercials ... way to go Hines

Thanks for the sig Flea

J A C K E D - U P !!! high lite

That is obviously unnecessary roughness... look for Ward to get a $250,000 fine for that hit.

Draft Pick portcityblackandgold's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hines "THE DE-CLEATER" Ward

Anutha fine masterpiece by the picasso of sigs K-Train

Granted that was a great block... if you freeze the video just before impact Ward led with his helmet. Even though he used his shoulder to de-cleat him I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ward is fined again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Thread Information