Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ward gets explanation

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Ward gets explanation

Hines Ward got his letter of explanation on why he was fined but was not penalized in the game against the Jaguars. League officials explained that he taunted Jacksonville cornerback Rashean Mathis by slapping him on the side of his helmet.
    Link

Now can someone explain to me,how this translates into an unnecessary roughness call ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I was just going to post this....I am livid! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! He slapped him on the side of the helmet and gets hit for $5k!!!!! Give me a fu***ng break!!!! He was probably joking with him!!! The commish needs to go, PERIOD! He sucks and he is ruining the game. Get rid of the thugs like MS PACMAN and let the real men play the game.
    Stepping off my soap box now......

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Hines Ward got his letter of explanation on why he was fined but was not penalized in the game against the Jaguars. League officials explained that he taunted Jacksonville cornerback Rashean Mathis by slapping him on the side of his helmet.

is this I am in total disbelief at this I hope the Organization responds with a to the league office saying enough already, this is the NFL not the WNBA

My Mood
    Addicted
    He was fined for an slap on the helmet? WTF is this league coming to? this make no sense at all N.F.L the No Fun League.

Next week the whole team will get a fine for slapping their own player on the helmet after scoring a touchdown.... just watch!!!

Players slap other players on the head all the time ... it's kind of been the thing lately If they are slapping Ward for this one then they need to be consistent and slap a fine on everyone else who touches another players head!

"Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This just shows the league really has no handle on this..if you don't call this on the field how you justify sending out a fine for it. I understand there are times when that happens with late hits, helmet to helmet contact, etc. that the officials don't see..but this was a slap on the helmet that was probably totally harmless but all they see is the act and think it's him being an ***.

If the other team doesn't question the league on it then why waste your time on something so trivial and stupid.

The No Fun League strikes again!

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    How many players have been fined for all the late hits on Big Ben this season that weren't called? I'm guessing zero. The NFL needs to look at their policies and interpretations of their rules. Anyway, go Steelers and kill the Bungals.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Really, thats the best they could do? Sorry, I know thats a bunch of BS. The league slapped him with a fine because of the interview he did, when he said that he knows hes not a dirty player because he has never been fined. So, the league decided to try and do something no Defense has ever been able to do, and thats wipe that smile off his face. Whatever...Haters....

--- Added 10/17/2008 at 02:31 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNC View Post
    How many players have been fined for all the late hits on Big Ben this season that weren't called? I'm guessing zero. The NFL needs to look at their policies and interpretations of their rules. Anyway, go Steelers and kill the Bungals.
    Where did you get that Avitar? Yikes....

I have a feeling they were fining him based on something they THOUGHT they saw.. .then when challenged, realized it wasn''t there and had to come up with SOMETHING.

I just can't believe that the league is THAT stupid.

Thread Information