Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So who had it harder this year?

Bookmark and Share

So who had it harder this year?

Ratbirds had a early bye week this year due to hurricane or Steelers toughest schedule in the NFL known to mankind.... Id say STEELERS myself

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Both teams had it rough this year. Their schedule was too far off from ours. Their health seems to be worse than ours right now. Tough to say. I'd actually have to lean towards the ratbirds having it a little rougher. Only because of the added hurdle of a rookie QB and coach.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    They are both hard in there own way, but because of the schedule I say Steelers, but I'm bias. Bye week in week 2 is harder because that was all they got. I think the bye weeks shouldn't start until Oct IMO....

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Maybe the ratbirds, they had to place us twice.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    They are both hard in there own way, but because of the schedule I say Steelers, but I'm bias. Bye week in week 2 is harder because that was all they got. I think the bye weeks shouldn't start until Oct IMO....
    Agreed, but the bye was not by design.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    Agreed, but the bye was not by design.
    yeah I know there was really no other way with the Ravens bye week, but the bye weeks in general IMO should not start unitl mid to late Oct. Who needs a bye in week 2 or 3? All teams should play that first month without interruption.

We all saw the pre-season strength of schedule (SOS) where the Steelers were ranked first, but now the season has been played Cleveland ended up with the toughest schedule followed by Detroit then the Steelers. The thing to focus on now is the strength of victory (SOV). The Steelers SOV was .474 which was 4th in he league and the Ravens were .411 which is the middle of the road. Comparing the two teams SOS and SOV though the Steelers came out on top while the Ravens were 5th, so the Steelers have the edge for schedule. However, the Ravens have played a game every weekend since September 21st, 2008! That is unheard of now-a-days so you have to give the credit for what they have done. A bye week doesn't necessarily mean you get the entire week off because teams still practice during the week, since the Steelers though have played two less games during that time you would think the Ravens have to be running out of gas soon, as the Titans may have showed last week.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    They don't normally start until week 4 I believe which may be a bit too early, but they want everyone playing towards the end of the season for ratings....They had no bye week 11 on. I could see starting later and ending the byes in week 13 or 14, but the commish is a d!ck and it will not change.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    We all saw the pre-season strength of schedule (SOS) where the Steelers were ranked first, but now the season has been played Cleveland ended up with the toughest schedule followed by Detroit then the Steelers. The thing to focus on now is the strength of victory (SOV). The Steelers SOV was .474 which was 4th in he league and the Ravens were .411 which is the middle of the road. Comparing the two teams SOS and SOV though the Steelers came out on top while the Ravens were 5th, so the Steelers have the edge for schedule. However, the Ravens have played a game every weekend since September 21st, 2008! That is unheard of now-a-days so you have to give the credit for what they have done. A bye week doesn't necessarily mean you get the entire week off because teams still practice during the week, since the Steelers though have played two less games during that time you would think the Ravens have to be running out of gas soon, as the Titans may have showed last week.
    I hope the Ravens are running out of gas. If anything, Falco should be. We saw it with Ben his rookie year. lets hope the same happens to Falco.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I hope the Ravens are running out of gas. If anything, Falco should be. We saw it with Ben his rookie year. lets hope the same happens to Falco.
    I do the same thing... every time I think of the Ravens QB I think of Falco from the movie "The Replacements"!

Thread Information