Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    When you wake up, look at the standings, you're still 2-3.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!

WOW, great job by the browns. Just destroyed the defending 4-0 champs. No excuses here by the giants, they just got nailed by the cleveland browns. DA was the best QB in the leauge last night, Ewards was insane, DEFENSE BABY, CAN I GET SOME DEFENSE!!! lewis played like a monster also. How bout the 3rd play from the last play, where jamel carried 5 giants for about 6-7 yards??

Ewards said it best, this is now a new season and we are 2-0. Man if DA plays Like he did the 1st half of last season, and the defense plays like this, man we are one of the top 10 teams in the leauge.

Give the browns some love.....
    Edwards dropped quite a few passes last night...dont blow your wad too quickly there buddy....

You still have a suspect secondary, Eli just played like Eli last night.

2-3....thats al lI am gonna say. Braylon Edwards can church it up all he wants, but they are still 2-3.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by coggsnyrnyg View Post
    Lousy play by your QB + no pass rush=loss everytime.

Two plays, the 70 yard pass to Edwards. Giants had just gone up 7-3 after the Browns played well. Giants force a 3 and out there and the Browns fold, crowd turns on them.

Eli's 2nd INT. Cut the lead just before the half. Get a chance to take the lead and they blew it. The crowd was almost completely deflated and Eli brought them right back into it.

Oh well. It's one game, Giants are still in first. Need to beat San Fran this week and get back on track.
    I would think NY could go into SF and get a win, but after last night I'm getting that feeling that Eli is back. You know the guy...The one that can not carry a team, and will be on the chopping block again. I know this is only one game, and it happens to every team from time to time. However, this years Giants got by on beating weak teams, and will need to dig deep to beat SF. The Browns really are not that good, and it has showed all year. NY O-line looked pretty bad last night. I think I saw a little tear running down Eli's cheek after one of those sacks. If they play like that in the Steel City, Eli will get the Malachi crunch from our LBs, and be sitting out the rest of the year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Edwards dropped quite a few passes last night...dont blow your wad too quickly there buddy....

You still have a suspect secondary, Eli just played like Eli last night.

2-3....thats al lI am gonna say. Braylon Edwards can church it up all he wants, but they are still 2-3.
    that's about the size of it right there, last night was the Browns super bowl..it's not uncommon for a team playing poorly to come out and give a huge effort and get a win over a superior team. It happens all the time. This is just like the Browns fans going crazy after 1 win saying how they are back, they are awesome,

Quote Originally Posted by steelerschick1220 View Post
    I knew that this win would make all the kooky Browns fans come out of the woodwork and start proclaiming themselves to be the next great thing, on a roll etc.
    Seems to happen everywhere. Win one or two games and all of a sudden you have the makings to go all the way. After the Eagles lit up St Louis in week 1, I was reading how they were clearly the class of the NFC. Skins beat Dallas and Philly on the road and they are the best team. Now, the Browns beat the Giants so they are the best team. The Eagles fans are already writing them off, surprise surprise and some skins fans are heading for the bridge. Browns lose to the skins and than the jags and their fans will go back in hiding. I haven't turned on WFAN yet, but I am sure there are Giants fans calling about how Eli needs to be benched and how Coughlin needs to go.

--- Added 10/14/2008 at 12:19 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I would think NY could go into SF and get a win, but after last night I'm getting that feeling that Eli is back. You know the guy...The one that can not carry a team, and will be on the chopping block again. I know this is only one game, and it happens to every team from time to time. However, this years Giants got by on beating weak teams, and will need to dig deep to beat SF. The Browns really are not that good, and it has showed all year. NY O-line looked pretty bad last night. I think I saw a little tear running down Eli's cheek after one of those sacks. If they play like that in the Steel City, Eli will get the Malachi crunch from our LBs, and be sitting out the rest of the year.
    Game is at home. Secondly, the OLine was not the problem. They rushed for almost 200 yards and Eli was sacked only once. The problem was the DLine not getting any pressure on Anderson and Eli playing poorly. Not worried about carry over. Eli is a different QB than he was a year ago at this time. The Browns played as well as they could possibly play while the Giants played their worst game since Washington last year and the Browns STILL couldn't put the game away til late.

As for the Steelers, not worried about them. The Eagles exposed their offense for what it was. Fully confident I will be driving back from Pittsburgh on the 27th listening to some whiny Steelers fans on 1250 for as far as I can get the signal.

My Mood
    Chatty
    You're dream of a 2-0 start won't get you to the playoffs...reality check...you're 2-3 this won't get you there! We aren't even half way thru the season...You need many more wins before the Browns are even think about playoffs...besides you have to get thru us first!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

As for the Steelers, not worried about them. The Eagles exposed their offense for what it was. Fully confident I will be driving back from Pittsburgh on the 27th listening to some whiny Steelers fans on 1250 for as far as I can get the signal.
    WOW!!! I give you alot of props for coming on a steeler site, after getting STOMPED by the BROWNS, and saying your gonna beat us in two weeks. You're a F**king genius!!

Not looking past the Bungles... but i cant WAIT for this game at gome against the G-Men. If you havent paid attention, if last night wasnt proof, you're team (like every other) has gotta show up and play the game. Ward and Jacobs ran like mad men, Smith and Burress got open and made some plays... and yinz got beat the F**k down by a 1-4 team. Just doesnt make much sense for you to come here and run off at the mouth to us!!!

That might be the most incoherent bit of rambling I have read in a while.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    That might be the most incoherent bit of rambling I have read in a while.
    To you, yeah. You have to put yourself in that state of denial or all you could say was that the G-men will get spanked and you ain't man enough.

Yeah, right. Giants D will not play as poorly as last night, neither will Eli. If that is what you are expecting to get, then you will be in for a rude awakening.

Thread Information