Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury updates heading into Bengals game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Injury updates heading into Bengals game

Looks like FWP should be back in action next week vs the Bengals. I got a text a couple days ago from KDKA that Keisel is back to practice too but I haven't heard any word on if he'll be available this weekend or not.

If Brett needs another week I say let him sit because we'll need him at 100% after this week for this tough run coming up.

I personally feel that Moore should be given another start! Nice to them both practicing though..

i dont think moore should start, this is FWP's team moore had one good game! i do think he should have a ton more carries than he had before parker went out though.

Just in time to skin a kitten,,,,,,,,,,

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Moore won't get the start, this is FWP's team at the RB position. Tomlin won't just put in Moore after one good game and appoint him the starter right off the bat since Willie was doing very well right up until the injury. Now if FWP was struggling then that's a totally different story. Moore will hopefully get some more looks in the offense now though and that's definitely a good thing.

If they have the luxury of letting him heal up another week, it makes sense to do that.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

Several injured players skip practice

Nose tackle Casey Hampton and kicker Jeff Reed were among the Steelers players who didn't practice Monday.
    Reed, who has a strained calf in his plant leg, sounded confident that he will play Sunday against the Bengals.
    Hampton, who has missed the last two games with a strained groin, said it is too early to tell if he will return for the 1 p.m. contest at Paul Brown Stadium.
    Hampton said he plans to test his groin by doing some running this week.
    "I'm ready to go, but I can't make my body do something it's not going to do," Hampton said. "I've just got to make sure I don't hurt myself and subject myself to being out longer."
    Reed, who hurt his left leg in the Steelers' 26-21 win over the Jaguars on Oct. 5, said he will try to kick Wednesday in practice.
    "If I feel good, it will just be a normal routine after that," said Reed, who has not missed a field goal in nine attempts this season. "I think I'm going to be fine. It feels a lot better and I think as the week goes on, it's going to gradually get better."
    Among the other Steelers players who didn't practice yesterday were starting left tackle Marvel Smith, wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington, and running back Carey Davis.
    Davis, who is nursing a sprained ankle, has said he plans to play against the Bengals.

If anyone needs an extra week to rest this is the week to give it to them

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd like to see Keisel come back this week, that would be huge but if he needs another week this is the time to do it. The depth is playing well so no need to rush. We do however need Jeff back big time.

My Mood
    Sunshine

Player update

Pittsburgh Steelers OT Marvel Smith (back) did not practice Monday, Oct. 13, and his condition will be monitored throughout the week. Smith is questionable for Week 7.

Steelers | Keisel to start Week 7
    Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:04:30 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers DL Casey Hampton (groin) will not practice until Thursday, Oct. 16, according to head coach Mike Tomlin, and is questionable for Week 7.

Steelers | Parker expected to play Week 7
    Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:00:36 -0700

Link
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Parker better be ready for sundays game against the Bungles. He needs a warm up game before we take on the Defending Superbowl Chumps. Parker should post 130 on sunday, and close to the same the following week. If not, then I question his health.

Thread Information