Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Big Ben wants to start over

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...orts/steelers/

By Scott Brown
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Thursday, October 12, 2006

A three-game losing streak - something that Ben Roethlisberger has rarely if ever had to endure - dictated that the Steelers' struggling quarterback change something.
    And for Roethlisberger, that means taking a new approach.

"We're starting the season over. We're 0-0, we're looking for our first win," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "A lot of us are going to get back on the same page again and start over."

The Steelers' offensive woes, and Roethlisberger's in particular, suggest he and his offensive teammates are not even in the same book.

Roethlisberger has thrown seven interceptions in three starts and is still looking for his first touchdown pass of the season.

If his approval rating in the locker room is infinitely higher than his dismal 41.7 passer rating, that is because Roethlisberger continues to accept a lot of the blame for the Steelers' 1-3 start.

"The rest of the guys are playing good," said Roethlisberger, who entered the season with a career record of 27-4 as a starter. "I think if our quarterback can pick it up, I think we'll be a lot better."

"I see how he wants to take some of that responsibility, but it's the whole team," linebacker Joey Porter said. "We haven't been playing good enough football to win these games."

There is one thing that has surprised Roethlisberger about the Steelers' offensive struggles.

"If you watch us in practice, we're out there and everything looks good and we're crisp, and unfortunately it doesn't matter," Roethlisberger said. "You have to produce on the football field and on Sundays when it matters."

I like this attitude...forget about what's already happened and start over. Take control of whats ahead and make good things happen from here on out !

Sounds like a leader to me, don't you think?
    aushqf4

H ereally thinks like that too, he wont be bothered by stats.

Start over ben, lets win 15 straight like in your rookie days.

Wow, ESPN couldn't possibly misinterpret things worse. They were just talking about this on NFL Live, and they seemed to be implying that Ben wanted to take everything back and have a muligan. They also showed Mark Madden reading an email from some guy that talked about how people will probably start calling for Batch soon, and they made it sound like everyone it Pittsburgh was giving up on Ben and demanding Batch.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Screw ESPN !! That's just pathetic to even think of considering taking Ben's statements out of context like that.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    ESPN just needs something to talk about and stir the pot. Come sunday we will beat the snot out of KC.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

House of Steel
    I think we all should invest in starting a new Sports Network and let us all run the show. It is high time to bury ESPN to the ground.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Great attitude Ben! Let's start Sunday!!!!!

I'm sure he really does wish he was 0-0 this year instead of 0-3... I know I would It is a great attitude, but like they said on ESPN the Steelers still have the 3 loses which has put them in a hole already. 0-0 though, I can live with that because at 1-3 they will probably have too much pressure on their shoulders and will try to do too much!

Great attitude though Ben and let's get that W this weekend!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I love the fact that he wants to put his 3 bad games behind and start over. But talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words.

Thread Information