Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger AFC Offensive Player of the Week & FedEx Air Player of the Week

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben was just stellar last weekend, congrats!!! Now let's hope Tomlin & Arians let him do more of the same from here on out!!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Well deserved Ben.

I'm A "Champion"

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Voted, voted, and voted

he still holds on to the ball too long....................grumble grumble....

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns

Roethlisberger FedEx Air Player of the Week

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerTy...air-and-ground

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers and running back Clinton Portis of the Washington Redskins are the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week for games played on Oct. 5-6.

Roethlisberger completed 26 of 41 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers' 26–21 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Roethlisberger played through a shoulder injury, helping the Steelers improve to 4-1.

Portis rushed for 145 yards and a touchdown on 29 carries against the NFL's top-ranked rush defense in the Redskins' 23–17 win over the Philadelphia Eagles to stay atop the NFC East at 4-1.

Roethlisberger and Portis were selected from among six finalists in Air and Ground categories. The other FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week finalists were quarterbacks Eli Manning of the New York Giants and Kurt Warner of the Arizona Cardinals, and running backs Ronnie Brown of the Miami Dolphins and DeAngelo Williams of the Carolina Panthers.

Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, for the first time, FedEx is teaming up with Safe Kids USA -- a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children -- to deliver safer kids by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding directly benefits local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, to fund pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year. This year, FedEx celebrates its fifth year of the program and will surpass the $1 million mark in funding to create safer communities for children.

New this season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted only on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis host the weekly show.

FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services, delivering safer kids in the process. With thousands of trucks out on the roads each day, FedEx is committed to improving pedestrian safety for children, by funding education programs and environmental improvements, from signage and crosswalks to pedestrian walkways near schools and playgrounds.

Go Big Ben!!

Starter
    I kinda think having Willie and Mendenhall out this game was in some ways a blessing in disguise lol. I think it showed that Ben can take over a game as a passer and maybe we'll start to see him given more opportunities to put the team on his back and have bigger statistical games as well as wins.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Dude is probably going to need another trophy case pretty soon..LOL

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothAche View Post
    he still holds on to the ball too long....................grumble grumble....
    Yeah, but thats when alot of big plays happen though so I cant complain too much.

Alright Big Ben ,,,, Helluva a game

They were bragging on him on siius radio this morning !

Thread Information