Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Reed injures calf in Jags game..**Update 10/8 not expected to miss any games

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    saints-hater

Jeff Reed injures calf in Jags game..**Update 10/8 not expected to miss any games

Just heard this a few minutes ago on Sportsbeat that Reed strained his calf last night making a tackle on special teams late in the game last night. It's why Mitch Berger came out and did the kickoff after the TD to Hines that gave the Steelers the lead. One reporter asked Jeff Reed how does your calf feel and he said it's pretty bad. Right now it looks as if Reed depending how bad this injury is he could miss about a month or so. So it looks as if the Steelers are going to possibly shopping for a kicker here to fill in for Jeff Reed assuming he is out for a certain period of time. This is certainly not good news at all seeing how clutch and automatic Reed has been for the Steelers. Who is out there that would be able to fill the void??

Rookie Free Agent
    man we can't get a break No Gramatica's hopping around in black and gold!!!!!

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    Mike Vanderjagt helped us win the AFCC game before - maybe he can do it again.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelfordWexler View Post
    Mike Vanderjagt helped us win the AFCC game before - maybe he can do it again.
    How about Gary Anderson?? I know him and Mitch Berger worked together in Minnesota for a very long time and were together that whole 1998 season where Anderson didnt have one single miss the entire season until the NFC Title game. I dont know how old Gary is but who knows maybe he still has some leg left in him...

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    How about Gary Anderson?? I know him and Mitch Berger worked together in Minnesota for a very long time and were together that whole 1998 season where Anderson didnt have one single miss the entire season until the NFC Title game. I dont know how old Gary is but who knows maybe he still has some leg left in him...
    How about Morten Andersen?? I think he soon retire if no one give him the call. Nah maybe it's just because he is danish....

Morten in black and gold.. hmmm

I don't know the market for kickers right now, but there should be some solid ones! It used to..

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmatic View Post
    How about Morten Andersen?? I think he soon retire if no one give him the call. Nah maybe it's just because he is danish....

Morten in black and gold.. hmmm

I don't know the market for kickers right now, but there should be some solid ones! It used to..
    We are both from Denmark, so i guees we should both have a "thing" about Morten Andersen, but honestly, hes time is up, and he would def. not do to well in Steelers. He is to old, and hes leg is not strong enough anymore to really contribute. What is golden about Reed is, that we can rely on him from almost any given fair distance, in pretty much all kind of weather. We couldnt with Morten. Also, i don't really think Morten would want to go and play 1-2 months and then get benched, seeing that he has alot of stuff going on atm, so if he were to step in for a team it would be full time, and not just till Reed returns. Hands down, that is not a competition anymore :P

Instead, lets make Morten a punter! We sure as hell could need a new one, like Eagles punter. Man that guy is scary, avg'ing almost 50yard a kick against washington, and they had and avg on like 5 yards on the return.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Wow that sucks!

I was wondering why he was on the side lines and Berger was kicking.

Also, explains why they still went for the 2 pt conversion even after getting a flag.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Berger sucks. We'd be better off giving some free agent a chance.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I guess we better get some more touchdowns

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Jeff "Skippy" Reed is money in the bank when it comes to field goal kicking...Plus he kicks in the toughest stadium in the NFL...This is a huge blow and I hope he isn't out to long...No matter who the Steelers sign he won't be as good as Reed....Huge loss if he is out a month or longer...

Thread Information