Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Reed injures calf in Jags game..**Update 10/8 not expected to miss any games

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    How about Gary Anderson?? I know him and Mitch Berger worked together in Minnesota for a very long time and were together that whole 1998 season where Anderson didnt have one single miss the entire season until the NFC Title game. I dont know how old Gary is but who knows maybe he still has some leg left in him...
    How about Morten Andersen?? I think he soon retire if no one give him the call. Nah maybe it's just because he is danish....

Morten in black and gold.. hmmm

I don't know the market for kickers right now, but there should be some solid ones! It used to..

Could try Tyler Mehlhaff http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4922

This could be bad news if Jeff misses 4-5 weeks. He is money in the bank. I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in another punter for a check out during hte byweek either.

"Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

When it rains it pours........

Hopefully Jeff will heal up pretty quick and be back in time for the Giants. I just hope that we don't have any game winnign or game tying field goal situations while he is gone.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmatic View Post
    How about Morten Andersen?? I think he soon retire if no one give him the call. Nah maybe it's just because he is danish....

Morten in black and gold.. hmmm

I don't know the market for kickers right now, but there should be some solid ones! It used to..
    We are both from Denmark, so i guees we should both have a "thing" about Morten Andersen, but honestly, hes time is up, and he would def. not do to well in Steelers. He is to old, and hes leg is not strong enough anymore to really contribute. What is golden about Reed is, that we can rely on him from almost any given fair distance, in pretty much all kind of weather. We couldnt with Morten. Also, i don't really think Morten would want to go and play 1-2 months and then get benched, seeing that he has alot of stuff going on atm, so if he were to step in for a team it would be full time, and not just till Reed returns. Hands down, that is not a competition anymore :P

Instead, lets make Morten a punter! We sure as hell could need a new one, like Eagles punter. Man that guy is scary, avg'ing almost 50yard a kick against washington, and they had and avg on like 5 yards on the return.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    We are both from Denmark, so i guees we should both have a "thing" about Morten Andersen, but honestly, hes time is up, and he would def. not do to well in Steelers. He is to old, and hes leg is not strong enough anymore to really contribute. What is golden about Reed is, that we can rely on him from almost any given fair distance, in pretty much all kind of weather. We couldnt with Morten. Also, i don't really think Morten would want to go and play 1-2 months and then get benched, seeing that he has alot of stuff going on atm, so if he were to step in for a team it would be full time, and not just till Reed returns. Hands down, that is not a competition anymore :P

Instead, lets make Morten a punter! We sure as hell could need a new one, like Eagles punter. Man that guy is scary, avg'ing almost 50yard a kick against washington, and they had and avg on like 5 yards on the return.
    U've got that right. Morten Andersen is done and not a safe investment when it comes to 45 plus yards field goals and like you just said to my comment, he might not even think about a job for only 2 months and then spending time on the bench when Reed is ready again after his injury. It was a danish hype, because of my love for him as a player and a true legend who only deserves to end his career somewhere in New Orleans.

I rather pick Reed any day over Morten A.
    By the way great to talk to a danish citizens!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08281/917954-66.stm

According to this link today and article in the Post Gazette today from Ed Bouchette Jeff Reed is expected to be okay and ready to kick in time for the Bengals game on October 19th. Boy this is definitely a relief and very very great news to hear.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08281/917954-66.stm

According to this link today and article in the Post Gazette today from Ed Bouchette Jeff Reed is expected to be okay and ready to kick in time for the Bengals game on October 19th. Boy this is definitely a relief and very very great news to hear.
    Great news to hear! Thanks for posting it!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I just saw this in one of my alerts, this is great news and fortunately it happened just before the bye or we might have been in trouble for a couple weeks.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Good news, rest up Reed

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information