Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the gameplan for the Jags?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

What's the gameplan for the Jags?

Considering our lack of available RB's and also considering our lack of success running the ball against them in the past, and considering the fact that they have the 24th ranked pass defense in the league so far this year I expect us to come out firing and use the short passing game as our main running attack and loosen up that defensive pass rush. The jags have their share of injuries too and they lost some people this past offseason so all things being considered this game could go either way once again. We need to get out on top of this team and get the crowd out of it because the longer it stays close or they are on top the worse it's going to be for us on the road.

Use that short passing game, use the no huddle, and take some shots down field. If we just line up and try and run we might as well just stay home.

We seem to always lose to the jags,,,,,,,Always in a close old school brew-ha-ha !

How long since we've beaten them '04

Can we win,"sure" Will we win Know one thing,,,,,,I bet the rushing will be little to none for both sides , so that means pass protection and we all know how that's went.

Love to see Quick slants,,,,Dink & Dunk,,,,,,,Haven't seen much of that at all, If Ben hangs on the ball more than 2 seconds,,,,,,,Well we all know what's been happening there

Win or Lose,,,,,,,,,,,,Hoping for two things this coming sunday, Ben to stay healthy and for the Titans to beat the rats !

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers can't expect to run the ball much this game...With Parker still out and Mendenahll out for the year the running will be suffering....Moore should receive the bulk of the carries.....He isn't a bad runner but is more know for his receiving skills out of the backfield....It would be unrealistic to expect Russell and Davenport to contribute much this game...Especially Davenport who probably isn't in game shape right now....

The Steelers should be able to throw the ball if Ben is given some time in the pocket....Note to Ben don't throw it to side of the field that Mathis is convering....Mathis has been a Steeler killer the last few years.....If Ben does make sure its a high percentage throw....Running the no huddle on the road shouldn't be much of a problem....The Steelers usually have a high amount of fans in the stands down in Jacksonville and the Jags fan base doesn't always show up for the games....

If the Steelers defense can shut down the Jags run game then their offense doesn't scare me to much......The Jags WR's do have the size advantage but if the D can get to Garrad then it won't matter....Garrard is a threat to run so that can prove to be troublesome....We all know that as Garrard converted that 4th down in last years play-off game to set up the game winning field goal....I think giving Lawrene Timmons increaded time in this game might be wise...I think he would be perfect to spy Garrard this game....

I think the Steelers will win their 4th game in Jacksonville...I like the Steelers 27-20....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That is a huge key for our defense, if the Jags get rolling with that running game it's going to be a long ugly game just like the last couple times but if we can atleast slow it down and keep them in check then we can get to Garrard. The jags will be expecting us to stack the line to stop the run so it wouldn't surprise me to see them come out and dare us to beat them at it since we couldn't stop it before no matter what we did. Our Secondary is more healthy so that will help vs the passing game. Garrard doesn't scare anyone with his arm but you have to stop the run or u might as well forget it.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    We need to get out on top of this team and get the crowd out of it
    That won't be a problem, most fans at this game will be Steeler fans.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Steelers can't expect to run the ball much this game...With Parker still out and Mendenahll out for the year the running will be suffering....Moore should receive the bulk of the carries.....He isn't a bad runner but is more know for his receiving skills out of the backfield....It would be unrealistic to expect Russell and Davenport to contribute much this game...Especially Davenport who probably isn't in game shape right now....

The Steelers should be able to throw the ball if Ben is given some time in the pocket....Note to Ben don't throw it to side of the field that Mathis is convering....Mathis has been a Steeler killer the last few years.....If Ben does make sure its a high percentage throw....Running the no huddle on the road shouldn't be much of a problem....The Steelers usually have a high amount of fans in the stands down in Jacksonville and the Jags fan base doesn't always show up for the games....

If the Steelers defense can shut down the Jags run game then their offense doesn't scare me to much......The Jags WR's do have the size advantage but if the D can get to Garrad then it won't matter....Garrard is a threat to run so that can prove to be troublesome....We all know that as Garrard converted that 4th down in last years play-off game to set up the game winning field goal....I think giving Lawrence Timmons increased time in this game might be wise...I think he would be perfect to spy Garrard this game....

I think the Steelers will win their 4th game in Jacksonville...I like the Steelers 27-20....
    Well said!!

Definitely need to keep an eye on Garrard and shut their 2 headed run monster down. Their OL has been hit with injuries also, so if we can get to Garrard, just to knock his dick in the dirt and rattle him, our secondary will be fine. They are ranked around 15th against the run, I would like to see us coming out passing even in the no huddle for the first couple of drives and see where that takes us. If we can get the Jags on their heels early, that would open up our running game. Keep them confused Bruce!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like Big Ben in the no huddle, i think that's how we should start out the game, get an couple of touch downs early, and pin our ears back on D an go after Garrad allday

I think solid special teams play,some old fashioned smashmouth Steeler defense,and some play action ,using some screens,and Ben calling his own plays.Leave Arians in his office to study!!!!He should not be on the sideline of this game.We should not dress Arians for this game.
    Last edited by Gettysburgh_Steel; 10-02-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: not fire him,just bench him.sit down,shut up and watch and learn!!!!!!!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Come out in the No - Huddle and hit Ward, Miller, Spaeth and Moore with short to mid range shots and then when we have em loose go long to Holmes for the Big gain or better yet TD just my

Rookie Free Agent Steeler Power's Avatar

Exclamation

Just friggen kick some ace. Could of should of..JUST GET IT DONE! And of course

post 9

Thread Information