Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No fanfare for Roethlisberger's 100th career touchdown pass

Bookmark and Share

No fanfare for Roethlisberger's 100th career touchdown pass

Who knew Nobody said a word....

Ben Roethlisberger threw his 100th touchdown pass Monday night with little fanfare.

Actually, it was with no fanfare.

The ball that Santonio Holmes caught and turned into a game-changing, 38-yard touchdown reception did not go to Big Ben but to Santonio's mom.

"He didn't say anything to me," Holmes said. "If he said something to me, I'd give it to him."

Surely, Big Ben would not deprive Santonio's mom of her game ball. Anyway, as Holmes said, "There will be a million more of those."

Maybe not quite that many. Roethlisberger's total includes 88 touchdown passes in the regular season and 12 more in the playoffs. He already ranks second in franchise history behind Terry Bradshaw's 212 scoring tosses in the regular season, 242 including postseason.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Who knew Nobody said a word....
    I didn't know--here's another story some might not know, and was another event that happened during our last game:

Roethlisberger to be ranked among NFL's elite
    By F. Dale Lolley, Staff writer
    http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/...8-NFL-notebook

With five more passes on Monday night, Ben Roethlisberger will move into some pretty elite company. Roethlisberger has thrown 1,495 passes in his five-year career and needs five more to reach the minimum of 1,500 to qualify for the official NFL record book.

When he throws his fifth pass against the Baltimore Ravens Monday night at Heinz Field, Roethlisberger's name will be included among some of the best quarterbacks in league history.
    Roethlisberger will enter the career passer rating list at No. 5. His 92.7 passer rating ranks just behind New England's Tom Brady (92.9) and just ahead of Hall of Famer Joe Montana (92.3).
    That's some pretty heady company to be keeping.

Given that Roethlisberger has only had one season where his passer rating has been below 92.7 - 75.4 in 2006 - it's a good bet that by the time his career is completed, he'll move higher on the list.
    Roethlisberger's current passer rating of 98.6 matches the number he put up in 2005 when he led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory. It's also a bit higher than the 98.1 he put up in 2004, his first year in the league. That passer rating remains an NFL record for rookies.
    Steve Young currently tops the record books for career passer rating at 96.8 from 1985 through 1999. Considering Roethlisberger has only been below that number once in his career and the way things are slanted toward the offense, it's not out of the question to think he could top the list by the time his career is completed.

There was a post here on the site before the eagles game ^^
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Suprised Jawarski didn't mention this. Oh sorry i can't find the sarcasm smiley.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just another day at the office for Big Ben the Touchdown Machine

Well let's hope he can add about 5 more this weekend

My Mood
    Addicted
    The blessing is Ben is not concern about those things, but is more concern with winning games

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The local media sometimes portray's Ben as a premadonna kind of QB...every QB has an ego it's just par for the course with that position but overall you have to like how Ben goes about his business and doesn't get the media anything to talk about that would disrupt the team.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    101, 102 and 103 coming this weekend

Sometimes I wonder if the Pittsburgh media prefers Steelers QBs to be docile like Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information