Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Wk. 5)

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Has anyone watched any of the jagoffs games this year they are not the same team that we lost to twice last year. The O-line is a mess, Taylor and Jones Drew can't get out of each others way and the Defense is weak. There is no reason why we don't win this game by 14+

The Jags have basically the same problems we do... O-line and Offensive Coordinator. Only difference is that their OC is learning. The way we'll win is to pass and pass some more. The Jags are 24th in the league in pass defense right now, and their secondary is beat up. The best thing I can think to do is turn the offense over to Big Ben and let him loose.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

My Mood
    Angry
    Aside from the problems on the offensive line I would give the Steelers a chance if Willie Parker was playing....but that's not happening.

Arians has got to use the swing pass, dump-offs and quidk slants along with some well timed screens and draws. There isn't going to be any pounding the ball with this line and this group of back-ups.
    Sounds like a perfect day for Heath Miller!!

Unfortunately the Jags seem to have the Steelers number and will probably win another tight game.

Jags-14
    Steelers-13

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Wasn't that the game with Batch at QB? Why did I think that was at home? Was our last win Bens Rookie year?
    No Ben had just come back from his motor cycle injury.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVA STEELERS View Post
    Has anyone watched any of the jagoffs games this year they are not the same team that we lost to twice last year. The O-line is a mess, Taylor and Jones Drew can't get out of each others way and the Defense is weak. There is no reason why we don't win this game by 14+
    I agree they look very beatable, an if the ref's don't mess up that holding call on hamp last year we win then, we will beat them by 14 plus.GO STEELERS

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by 60 Minute Man View Post
    I agree they look very beatable, an if the ref's don't mess up that holding call on hamp last year we win then, we will beat them by 14 plus.GO STEELERS
    We probably beat you the 3 times before that on one play as well? You do realize your team will be missing twice as many starters as the Jags? We beat you twice in your house last year, so what makes you think we're gonna lose at home?

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    The Jaguars want to be the Steelers, they aspire to have the "Steeler Mystique", that's why they always get up to play them. The Steelers have to answer their intensity, they can't look down on them because the Jags wear teal and their "winning tradition" consists of .... nothing. Last year, in the playoff loss, I believe Pittsburgh gave the Jags everything they got via short fields due to turnovers and special teams breakdowns. If memory serves me correct, the Steelers moved the ball quite easily through the air, especially in the second half. If the defense keeps playing stout, if the offense injects more of the no huddle and protects the ball, and if the special teams keep playing well, I can't see any reason why the Steelers can't win this game. Oh, and by the way, the Jags are pretty banged up too. GO STEELERS!

I am convinced we can bring home a win from Florida.I hope it rains like a mutha!!We have yet to break out the whole package,and with our injuries,it might look bleak. I think that our offense can be very productive,they just are not showing thier potential yet. Whether by force,or by simply not wanting to show all of our cards at this point. True we have some new cards in the deck now,but we must play them in the correct mannor.I like our chances in this game at Jax. I think it is Jeff Reed again. 27-24 us of course!!!!!!!!This is the game that could define our season. If we can enter the bye @4-1,we can start to open it up some.It's all about takin care of business,and we have been answering that call for the most part.Doesn't have to be a pretty win at this juncture,it only has to be a win!!!!!!GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!27-24

Keys to victory:

Get Heath more involved
    Moore has the game of his career
    Reed continue to be $$$$
    D gets all up in Gerrard's face early and often

Ugly Win 21-17

"Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Here's a fact nugget I wouldn't have expected: The Steelers haven't won a conference road game outside the AFC North since Oct. 10, 2005 - a span of seven games. MSN

Let's go guys! End the streak!

Thread Information