Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Media Counting the Steelers OUT!!!

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    I will never understand why Steeler fans feel the need to feel slighted by the media. I mean really, who cares?

Obviously the Steelers have not played well at all this year, so the fact that we are in the top 5 in most power rankings (ESPN) shows me, if anything, that we are being overrated by some of the media. They have scored less than 20 PPG this year, granted they have been playing some tough D's, but they need to step it up in that respect.

The offense is ranked in the bottom 3rd in every major category (points, total yards, passing yards, running yards), so to say they aren't getting respect just seems like fan bias to me.

The D is playing great, they shut down a Philly offense that lit up Dallas. They are also in the top 5 in every major defensive category. Do I think the offense will catch up? Yes I do, but until then, stop the ****ing whining about how the Steelers are counting the Steelers out, they are 3-1 and in first in the Division, we have nothing to whine about except our horrible play on offense, which will be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I will never understand why Steeler fans feel the need to feel slighted by the media. I mean really, who cares?

Obviously the Steelers have not played well at all this year, so the fact that we are in the top 5 in most power rankings (ESPN) shows me, if anything, that we are being overrated by some of the media. They have scored less than 20 PPG this year, granted they have been playing some tough D's, but they need to step it up in that respect.

The offense is ranked in the bottom 3rd in every major category (points, total yards, passing yards, running yards), so to say they aren't getting respect just seems like fan bias to me.

The D is playing great, they shut down a Philly offense that lit up Dallas. They are also in the top 5 in every major defensive category. Do I think the offense will catch up? Yes I do, but until then, stop the ****ing whining about how the Steelers are counting the Steelers out, they are 3-1 and in first in the Division, we have nothing to whine about except our horrible play on offense, which will be changing.
    Indeed! It dosnt matter one bit if the media likes us or not. We'll go out there and get the job done. I mean, our offence sucks so far, but i too do believe they'll pick up the slack and get it running. But if you are ranked as we are on offence, you don't desirve any media hype. Its frankly the last thing we need to worry about atm.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy
    What do you expect? The Jags have whooped the Steelers the last 4 times they've played, who do you think the media is gonna lean towards?

Quote Originally Posted by duval_wall904 View Post
    What do you expect? The Jags have whooped the Steelers the last 4 times they've played, who do you think the media is gonna lean towards?
    Your largest margin of victory in any of those four games is nine points. That's hardly a "whooping." It's a win nonetheless, but not as you describe it. Furthermore, I'm interested in seeing the outcome of this game now that you don't have a distinct health advantage. Consider the last four matchups:

10/16/2005: Ben Roethlisberger sidelined with a knee injury; Tommy Maddox throws 3 INTs and single-handedly gives you the the game.

9/18/2006: Roethlisberger plays his first meaningful game after a near-fatal motorcycle accident, and is clearly out of practice.

12/16/2007: No Aaron Smith or Ryan Clark in the lineup on defense, and people seriously wondered why the defense wasn't performing as well as before.

1/05/2008: Add Willie Parker and Marvel Smith to the list of December injuries.

We're banged up now, but you're banged up too. You ought to be grateful we got banged up to begin with; otherwise I'd give us a solid advantage.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Waterboy
    injuries are a part of the game, its ignorant to make excuses about them. For some reason Steeler fans always complain about bad calls and injuries, like they don't happen to the other 31 teams too, right?

Thread Information