Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Media Counting the Steelers OUT!!!

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    Newbie here. No better way to start than to rustle some feathers a bit.

Although I understand the media has, at times, been overly critical of Steelers teams, I don't see where the Steelers play has warranted any positive feedback thus far. The offense it absolutely horrible. We beat a bad texans team, barely beat the Browns, albeit in a hurricane, and had trouble with a ravens team with a rookie QB, at home. The only decent team we played beat us, with only 15 points, and registered 8 sacks on Ben and 9 total. If I had to pick a winner straight up in this game, I would go with Jacksonville on the road. I won't count us out, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can't blame the pundits for slammin this team right now.

Our D on the other hand is playing great and can solely keep us in games. If our Offensive line can start putting even mediocre performances together, we'll have a chance every week, no matter who we're playing. Hopefully Simmons being out may actually help this line, at least a little bit.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post

Although I understand the media has, at times, been overly critical of Steelers teams, I don't see where the Steelers play has warranted any positive feedback thus far. The offense it absolutely horrible. We beat a bad texans team, barely beat the Browns, albeit in a hurricane, and had trouble with a ravens team with a rookie QB, at home. The only decent team we played beat us, with only 15 points, and registered 8 sacks on Ben and 9 total. If I had to pick a winner straight up in this game, I would go with Jacksonville on the road. I won't count us out, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can't blame the pundits for slammin this team right now.

Our D on the other hand is playing great and can solely keep us in games. If our Offensive line can start putting even mediocre performances together, we'll have a chance every week, no matter who we're playing. Hopefully Simmons being out may actually help this line, at least a little bit.
    Dude, I think your a big jerk. What kind of crap is that? just kidding...Welcome to SA..

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post

You're exactly right... I was just looking at the Steelers offensive stats and they are horrific! The Steelers, as of today, rank 29th in total offense in the NFL, just ahead of the Rams, Browns and Bengals... that's great company right there~ Big Ben has yet to pass for a 200 yard game, he had his high this past Monday night... 191 yards! Not to mention Ben also has 5 fumbles losing three in just 4 games...

The defense on the other hand is ranked 2nd overall, just behind the Ravens. And yes, you can thank the D for the win Monday night because had Harrison not forced the fumble and Woodley scooped up for 6 OT wouldn't have been needed. This offense is going to wake up at some point, but right now the o-line has their heads stuck up their asses, and Ben feels like a bitch because he's spending so much time on his back!

I would have to count the Steelers out too until a few BIG things are resolved; offensive line, the running and the offense in general. After that first week, yes the Steelers did look like the team to beat but after 4 weeks we all know that Houston is not the team everyone expected them to be either.

The Steelers have always played better when they're the underdogs in the media. I imagine we could win the next 6 straight Super Bowls and all they'd report is how Ben is not nearly as awesome in their eyes as Tom Brady.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Well, the way our offense has looked lately they have every reason to count us out. And our D has problems on 3rd and long situations.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Well, the way our offense has looked lately they have every reason to count us out. And our D has problems on 3rd and long situations.
    Too much zone coverage.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    who cares, they were riding pittsburghs dicks week one when brady went down, and now we dont have a chance? lol bunch of retards
    that's about the size of it right there The media was all about us in the AFC the minute Brady was lost for the year, now we're to goats again. If we win next week we'll be tops..it's quite comical to watch them flipflop each week.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Stop all of this crazy talk . I cant take it anymore...you making me sad. this team is getting ready to break out, and kick ***. This has always been a team that stands and falls together. If the O is bad, then its on both sides of the ball. Meaning....If one side is bad they are both at fault. The D should have gotten a turnover and made it easy for them. If the D is playing bad, then the O needs to run up the score. These guys are going to fight it out together, win or lose. this is a real team, and they will all come together. You wait and see. give the O a chance. I mean, we are 3-1 after Sept. We cant be all that bad. We just played 2 really good Def back to back, and we have another one on Sunday. Its going to be ok guys. They will figure it out.

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Stop all of this crazy talk . I cant take it anymore...you making me sad. this team is getting ready to break out, and kick ***. This has always been a team that stands and falls together. If the O is bad, then its on both sides of the ball. Meaning....If one side is bad they are both at fault. The D should have gotten a turnover and made it easy for them. If the D is playing bad, then the O needs to run up the score. These guys are going to fight it out together, win or lose. this is a real team, and they will all come together. You wait and see. give the O a chance. I mean, we are 3-1 after Sept. We cant be all that bad. We just played 2 really good Def back to back, and we have another one on Sunday. Its going to be ok guys. They will figure it out.

We played a better D Monday night than the week prior and improved substantially.
    Protection was better, ,
    Ben got rid of the ball better in the second half.
    After going without a first down 7 drives in a row, we scored on 3 of our last 5 drives.
    Oh yeah, we won!

These guys are good and we are so due for a breakout game. I'd rather play poorly during the early part of the schedule (and go 3-1) than start fast and fade (watch the Cowboys)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelfordWexler View Post

We played a better D Monday night than the week prior and improved substantially.
    Protection was better, ,
    Ben got rid of the ball better in the second half.
    After going without a first down 7 drives in a row, we scored on 3 of our last 5 drives.
    Oh yeah, we won!

These guys are good and we are so due for a breakout game. I'd rather play poorly during the early part of the schedule (and go 3-1) than start fast and fade (watch the Cowboys)
    My point exactly. We played some good defensive clubs, Eagles (3), Ravens (1), and believe it or not, the Browns are ranked 10th in total defense. The Jaguars are ranked 18th, middle of the road. I know we dont really know what are running game is going to look like, but their running game hasn't developed for them like everyone thought it would.

The key match-ups is our wideouts on their secondary. They ranked 24th in the league against the pass, giving up 225 yards a game.

Thread Information