Originally Posted by TOP GUN
    Ok let's see here we have:

-100 million dollar QB who won a superbowl and been to a pro bowl
    -pro bowl running back
    -a HOF WR when his career is over
    -a top flight counterpart WR
    -one of the best TE's in the league
    -first round pick RB

and what do we have to show for it? A whole lot of nothing that's what! A line that can't block, backs that get hurt, a QB who doesn't see the field, WR's who aren't coming back to help the QB and an under utilized TE and a whole bunch of 3 and outs.

It's truly a pathetic state this team is in right now; Tomlin has to step up to the plate and fix this ship because the water is beginning to come over the bow as we speak and the lifeboats are full of holes.

....all that with no o-line is like having a ferrari on an island...cool, fast, high-performance....but you can't go any where with it

Just like the Detriot Lions.....ask Batch what can be done when a qb is on his back....because he was on his back most of the time he was in Detriot. They have been "rebuilding" their team for the last 10 years, as you know they draft the best WR, RB, TE, etc but never touch the OL. The Steelers remind me of them because nbo matter how great a player is, he is going nowhere without protection. When was the last time the Steelers addressed the OL in the draft?

Check this out:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...teelers-draft/

I wonder if he is still happy with the 2008 draft.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Or Scott Linehan or Lane Kiffin or Bobby Petrino or Al Davis etc. etc. I, obviously, agree with you K Train. People need to stop acting like ****ing morons and realize not every game is going to be a 67-17 blowout of New England ( with Tom Brady.) It is so bad, that they would complain about the 17 points given up. Take the win and shut the **** up. I am sure you people could run a team so much better tha any of those coaches (except Linehan...he sucked)
    quoted for ****ing truth

i cant stand the attitude going around, bens obviously hurting....big ****ing deal, we arent gonna win every game, we arent gonna win every superbowl, steeler fans are very spoiled fans and alot of you need to be more realistic....firing tomlin is a step backwards in a big way, the team isnt rebuilding but theres definitely a transition. we won the game we'll play abnother day, our line sucks, it did last year too....alot of teams have it way worse than us

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns

Allot of you people are sounding like fans of some other team. Yes, we have several problems to overcome and yes, our year may well be over. I for one am not ready to pi$$ on my team. I will continue to believe they can make the adjustments. I'll take 3-1 all day. As we approach the meat of our schedule, we are in the hurt locker, but we still have plenty of talent. The rest of the NFL will start hurting as well. Way too early to give up on Tomlin. Arians is another story though. I like Ben calling the plays. Reminds me of Terry's glory days.
    Sorry folks, I refuse to give up.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

I can't be too critical of Mike Tomlin, because for as unprepared as our offense has appeared at times in recent games, our defense and special teams have both appeared to be very prepared, and have done a good job. Furthermore, if Tomlin tore Bruce Arians a new ******* last week, and gave Ben Roethlisberger the authority to call his own plays for a bit, then I think he's perfectly aware of what's wrong, and he's taking steps to change it too. To me, the blame for the offense lies with Bruce Arians, and maybe Larry Zierlien, but not Tomlin. If second-year QBs aren't perfect, then how can second-year coaches be? Tomlin is still learning, and he may make a few mistakes sometimes, but I think he's taken a major step forward in the last week.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Did I see the Indians fire-sell some players this year? Maybe one day Cleveland won't such a shiat hole....

Indians have always been a pretty healthy team, but this year they were hit hard with carmona, westbrook, hafner, martinez all going down. Dont forget the horrible start cc was off to also. But you gotta love how the indians battled all the way back to .500, when it looked like they would lose 100 games.

Inidans will be right back in the race next season no question. whitesox are very old and twins have great young pitching but They need more power bats, KC still has no pitching and little hitting, tigers have no pitching and getting old as well. as for the pirates, ya I won't go there!

anyways back to the steelers. has sweed played much? I know ben really wanted a big WR, and I have not seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Indians have always been a pretty healthy team, but this year they were hit hard with carmona, westbrook, hafner, martinez all going down. Dont forget the horrible start cc was off to also. But you gotta love how the indians battled all the way back to .500, when it looked like they would lose 100 games.

Inidans will be right back in the race next season no question. whitesox are very old and twins have great young pitching but They need more power bats, KC still has no pitching and little hitting, tigers have no pitching and getting old as well. as for the pirates, ya I won't go there!

anyways back to the steelers. has sweed played much? I know ben really wanted a big WR, and I have not seen him.
    Nope. he havnt been on the field so far in regular season. Cant say its that big of a surprice though. Rookie WRs normally don't play much, and steelers never let a rookie play unless they have to, so there you have it :P I don't really agree on it though. our WR's have been playing terrible so far. Holmes have dropped some balls, which he wouldnt have done last year, Hines isnt running those QB saving rutes like he normally does, etc etc. Holmes did make a decent play against ravens (poor poor tackling tho), and Hines did get us those 15 yards (personal foul call), but its nothing beautiful.

I guees you can give some of the blaime to Arians, but honestly... If you get the ball you make the play. If you don't, don't go blaime someone else :P

Ben have been a shadow of last season. He seems to overthrow it a lot, and just can't get the ball to the WRs. I did get us the win against ravens, which is what an Elite QB is supposed to. Make plays even though you arent having your best game.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Angry
    IMO Tomlin is in over his head.
    It's obvious that his coaching staff needed to be adjusted after the '07 season and he did absolutely nothing.........Larry Zeirlein and Bob Ligashesky should have been promptly Fired.
    The offensive line is still putrid and I'm willing to bet the Steelers are in the cellar of the league as far as Kick-off return yardage and Punt return yardage so far this season.

Not to mention his questionable in game play calling and strategy.

Unless there's Major improvements in those areas through the rest of the season....There is no legitimate excuse for those two half-assed Coaches to be retained in 2009 and Tomlin's feet should be held to the fire if he chooses to keep those two Jokers.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I still like Tomlin. Patience can pay off. You have to remember, he didn't have a great deal of experience when he got this job (DC for 1-year, position coach for about 10 or so) and was only 34. He is really intelligent ad is still learning the ropes of a Head Coach in the NFL. I think it is still really early to give up on him.

I agree, it is way too early to tell.

I'm A "Champion"

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    IMO Tomlin is in over his head.
    It's obvious that his coaching staff needed to be adjusted after the '07 season and he did absolutely nothing.........Larry Zeirlein and Bob Ligashesky should have been promptly Fired.
    The offensive line is still putrid and I'm willing to bet the Steelers are in the cellar of the league as far as Kick-off return yardage and Punt return yardage so far this season.

Not to mention his questionable in game play calling and strategy.

Unless there's Major improvements in those areas through the rest of the season....There is no legitimate excuse for those two half-assed Coaches to be retained in 2009 and Tomlin's feet should be held to the fire if he chooses to keep those two Jokers.
    Hard to argue many of the points in your post. Tomlin is still too green for me to truly judge at this point. I still contend that a fair judgement should come after his 3rd season.

I'll be honest, allbeit a couple of very ugly wins, I've been impressed with Tomlin so far this year, unlike most. His team has shown a resiliency and mental toughness in close games that we didn't have last year. He's instilling a tough defensive mindset to his team and he has fully established a respect from the players in a relatively short period of time.

His game management is better. Unlike last year, He's using his challenges smartly and his other management decisions have been solid for the most part.

Also, to his credit of improving the team: This team is better than last year, even if the wins are uglier. They are playing a tougher, more aggressive brand of football, and that is what they'll need to survive this season.

While he's going to make some rook mistakes now and then, overall, I think Tomlin will be very successful in Pittsburgh. Tomlin's biggest test will come in the form of holding his Coordinators accountable. If Arians continues to shiat the bed along with Zerlein ... he has no choice but to cut thim loose. If he doesn't, he stands to loose a tremendous amount of respect from players and the fans.
    Last edited by Iron City South; 10-01-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Anyone catch the Davis press conference? If you did and/or know anything thats been happening with the Raiders since Kiffin got hired, now the drama with his firing, then you would be very thankful to say, that bullshiat isn't happening in Pittsburgh.Yeah we have injuries, yeah we have play calling problems, yeah we have a inconsistent OL but so do a lot of other teams who aren't 3-1. Adversity is what we're going through right now, when the dust settles and the smoke ****ing clears, we will have found a way through it, win the AFC North and be playing in January. Has anyone considered that these injuries are a blessing in disguise? That other players who have been riding the bench will step up and actually make our OL one of the best in the NFL? Which will finally keep Ben off his back and we will be able to use all our weapons to rule the NFL? I try and keep a positive mentality but when you let negativity creep into your mindset then you might as well stick a fork in your *** cuz your done.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information