Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of this Team is on Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Trust me I like to think it will as well, I'd like to think they will rally and right this ship that is floundering right now in a sea of inconsistency. The jury is out on what will happen so we'll just have to stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

This team is a very uneasy spot right now and if they can't get things squared away, and the toughest part of the schedule coming up we're liable to find ourselves in a bad way sooner rather than later.
    This isn't news to anyone, we all knew before this season that this was a NASTY schedule, honestly one of the toughest I've ever seen. We are playing the elite in this league week in and week out. this team is getting a trial by fire and so far we are 3-1, thats got to be considered a plus.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Exclamation Tonight's game in two words: Pyrrhic victory

Pyrrhic victory

NOUN: A victory that is offset by staggering losses.

We're getting beaten to Hell before we even enter the meat of our schedule. I'm afraid this puts us in grave danger in future games.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The bye is coming up after the Jags game....This team does need that bye week bad right now...

Plus the Jags have just as many injuries as the Steelers... should be a good one as it always is!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Our offensive coaching staff sucks plain and simple and that all falls on Tomlins' shoulders. Am I the only one that thinks the same of our defense ? Doesn't anyone else hate when a rookie QB shreds our vaunted D, when we can't hold a lead.

Last night was really upsetting,come on, this was an almost non exsistant(til they played us) Ravens offense
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    This isn't news to anyone, we all knew before this season that this was a NASTY schedule, honestly one of the toughest I've ever seen. We are playing the elite in this league week in and week out. this team is getting a trial by fire and so far we are 3-1, thats got to be considered a plus.
    The "tough schedule" card is absolutely bullshiat. The last time I checked all 32 teams in the NFL were of professional caliber, all use Free Agency and the draft to remold their team each year (so previous year results are pretty much meaningless), and all subject to key injuries which can make or break ANY team.

Furthermore, you cite the "tough schedule" as if we have even gotten to that part of the schedule yet ..... WE HAVE NOT! With the exception of the Eagles (who didn't look that elite yesterday), we have been playing a "B" list of teams.

The Steelers got away with a win yesterday, but let's not get so caught up in the homerism that we forget this is not a very good offensive team, in fact, they're not good at all right now. The fact that we lost some bodies this week only makes us worse.

Do you know when we got "average" yesterday? .... We got up to average when Ben went to Tomlin in the 4th qtr. and said, "LET ME CALL THE PLAYS .... AND LET ME GO "NO HUDDLE" ..... When Tomlin approved this plea ... This basically put Arians on ice with both Tomlin and Roethlisberger. This was their way of saying, "Thanks for playing Bruce, but perhaps you're better served helping the equipment manager stir the Gatorade.

Evidently they both saw a major part of the problem and felt the need to do something about it.

For that, I give Tomlin some credit.
    Last edited by Iron City South; 09-30-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Our offensive coaching staff sucks plain and simple and that all falls on Tomlins' shoulders. Am I the only one that thinks the same of our defense ? Doesn't anyone else hate when a rookie QB shreds our vaunted D, when we can't hold a lead.

Last night was really upsetting,come on, this was an almost non exsistant(til they played us) Ravens offense

Exactly jpele! Defense wins championships, championship defenses do not give up drives like that in the 4th quarter to bad offensive teams, at home on Monday night. Plain & simple.

On the plus side the D can get better and carry us for a while, and let's not forget we are in a sorry division and once you make the playoffs anything can happen. Look at the Giants last year or our SB year.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post

Exactly jpele! Defense wins championships, championship defenses do not give up drives like that in the 4th quarter to bad offensive teams, at home on Monday night. Plain & simple.

On the plus side the D can get better and carry us for a while, and let's not forget we are in a sorry division and once you make the playoffs anything can happen. Look at the Giants last year or our SB year.
    Keep in mind guys our D needs rest, when our O goes 3 and out that don't allow our boys time to rest up. They are the best when this happens.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post

Our defense is basicalyl playing with 1/3 of our starting line and a banged up secondary that has been moved around like chess pieces; now that Townsend is back and B-Mac has a few games under his belt, things will get better back there. Additionally, our D under Uncle Dick is and always has been predicated on playing a stout run defense foremost. Considering the magnitude of our Offensive problems right now, this really isn't where we should be focusing our bitch on. I'm confident our Defense will be in the top 10 in the league this year.

Your point on the Offensive situation is well taken.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information