Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of this Team is on Tomlin

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

The State of this Team is on Tomlin

Start passing around blame wherever you wish, but the reality of the situation is this:

If Tomlin can honestly look into a camera in his press conference and say he didn't see this coming, he should be immediately shown the door and escourted down to the Greyhound station.

Make no mistake about it, Zerlein and Arians are absolute worthless pieces of sheat and should never have been allowed to keep thier jobs from last year. If Tomlin does not FIRE the coordinators by the end of this, what could turn into a wasted season, then his *** needs to be on the fu<kng hot seat.

One thing you could always say about Cowher is that he ruled his Coordinators with an Iron Fist; he was generally hard on them behind closed doors. Tomlin better start showing his leadership metal soon because its inexcusable to a have as much talent as we have on this team only to look this pathetic.

I'm very disgusted at this lame half-hearted effort right now ....
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ok let's see here we have:

-100 million dollar QB who won a superbowl and been to a pro bowl
    -pro bowl running back
    -a HOF WR when his career is over
    -a top flight counterpart WR
    -one of the best TE's in the league
    -first round pick RB

and what do we have to show for it? A whole lot of nothing that's what! A line that can't block, backs that get hurt, a QB who doesn't see the field, WR's who aren't coming back to help the QB and an under utilized TE and a whole bunch of 3 and outs.

It's truly a pathetic state this team is in right now; Tomlin has to step up to the plate and fix this ship because the water is beginning to come over the bow as we speak and the lifeboats are full of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ok let's see here we have:

-100 million dollar QB who won a superbowl and been to a pro bowl
    -pro bowl running back
    -a HOF WR when his career is over
    -a top flight counterpart WR
    -one of the best TE's in the league
    -first round pick RB

and what do we have to show for it? A whole lot of nothing that's what! A line that can't block, backs that get hurt, a QB who doesn't see the field, WR's who aren't coming back to help the QB and an under utilized TE and a whole bunch of 3 and outs.

It's truly a pathetic state this team is in right now; Tomlin has to step up to the plate and fix this ship because the water is beginning to come over the bow as we speak and the lifeboats are full of holes.
    ....all that with no o-line is like having a ferrari on an island...cool, fast, high-performance....but you can't go any where with it
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Are you kidding me? If Pitt had a hoops team it would be the same thing as football for you guys. Beat down after beat down. And you wont hear anyone bitch about losing that lineman. he sucked anyways. But hey, you keep dreaming about us having a hops team buddy...welcome back...lol
    ...but...
    Last edited by GoBenGo; 09-30-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Start passing around blame wherever you wish, but the reality of the situation is this:

If Tomlin can honestly look into a camera in his press conference and say he didn't see this coming, he should be immediately shown the door and escourted down to the Greyhound station.

Make no mistake about it, Zerlein and Arians are absolute worthless pieces of sheat and should never have been allowed to keep thier jobs from last year. If Tomlin does not FIRE the coordinators by the end of this, what could turn into a wasted season, then his *** needs to be on the fu<kng hot seat.

One thing you could always say about Cowher is that he ruled his Coordinators with an Iron Fist; he was generally hard on them behind closed doors. Tomlin better start showing his leadership metal soon because its inexcusable to a have as much talent as we have on this team only to look this pathetic.

I'm very disgusted at this lame half-hearted effort right now ....

Mike Tomlin is a clown I'm convinced.......This team has looked shiat on the road since he took over.......He seems lost when the team gets man handled like they did last week and tonight......He should have just remained a DC....Some guys are not HCs....I'm starting to think Mike Tomlin is HC material....Problem is the Rooney's are patient to a fault...I fear we're going to waste 3-4 years with Mike Tomlin as HC.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Suzy Kolber said at half time that his locker room was full of pissed off players and that he himself was pissed off. Well so far this pissed off group of players hasn't done anything to rectify that situation yet.

I still like Tomlin. Patience can pay off. You have to remember, he didn't have a great deal of experience when he got this job (DC for 1-year, position coach for about 10 or so) and was only 34. He is really intelligent ad is still learning the ropes of a Head Coach in the NFL. I think it is still really early to give up on him.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I still like Tomlin. Patience can pay off. You have to remember, he didn't have a great deal of experience when he got this job (DC for 1-year, position coach for about 10 or so) and was only 34. He is really intelligent ad is still learning the ropes of a Head Coach in the NFL. I think it is still really early to give up on him.

I agree, it is way too early to tell.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This team is in a precarious position right now...Tomlin needs to hold this team together because the season is in the balance even this early. If they don't pull it together you can forget any thoughts of the post season.

I disagree. You still would have 12 games left. Would it be easy? Not necessarily, but it can be done.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Have you been watching the last 3 weeks man? LOL.. The signs were there in Cleveland, they were really there vs the Eagles and you could see them tonight regardless of the outcome. As much as we're getting beat up in this game, the fact that Ben isn't seeing the field, not making good decisions under pressure most of the time, we have 1 healthy RB at this point, the WR's aren't coming back to help Ben, the defensive line is short staffed, Heath isn't being used enough, the line can't block anyone without keeping 9 in to block and having 1 wr in a pattern....need I go on?

This team is a very uneasy spot right now and if they can't get things squared away, and the toughest part of the schedule coming up we're liable to find ourselves in a bad way sooner rather than later.

Im not saying we might as well throw in the towel just yet and of course this team is talented enough to be competitive but they sure haven't shown it yet with any consistency this year.

Thread Information