View Poll Results: Can this offensive line pull it together?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the season is young and they'll gel together to form a fine unit

1 2.86%
  • I think so but will Ben survive till they do?

7 20.00%
  • 50-50 right now, it's anyone's guess

18 51.43%
  • No way, this group is a joke and has little hope of doing anything right this year.

9 25.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottom line, can this Offensive line do the job this year at all?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Bottom line, can this Offensive line do the job this year at all?

If you read this article in the PG today you can see that the team seems to realize how bad the line played and how much they need to improve. By reading it you could take it as they have spent all week watching tape, practicing against the blitz, etc. and are ready for the Baltimore pass rush that will be coming.

They are saying the right things but in all honestly let's be real here...the 5 guys we have starting are pretty much all we have to work with. Starks couldn't beat out Colon who isn't even a true Tackle. Stapleton has potential but doesn't appear to be ready yet. Essex is a serviceable backup and well that's pretty much it right now. It's a scary situation for not the least of reasons being we don't have much depth in quantity or quality right now behind these starters.

Can the 5 we have now pull it together and keep Ben upright on any type of regular basis at all? Chris K. and Hartwig are new so there is an adjustment period but still...one wonders what in God's name Tomlin has been thinking with this group.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-28-2008 at 12:10 PM.

You know which answer I voted on. I have no confidence in this OL whatsoever.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im at 50-50 right now...early indications are that this group is picking up right where last years group did but Im hoping for a miracle right now. We've all seen young groups struggle early on and then by mid season they start to find their stride and end up playing really well but....

I think they're about as bad a line as the Steelers have ever had. It should have been addressed in the off season.

-Steelers70

i'm 50-50 right now. we'll see what happens monday night...
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers70 View Post
    I think they're about as bad a line as the Steelers have ever had. It should have been addressed in the off season.

-Steelers70
    I agree it should have as well especially when you used your 2nd pick in the draft on Limas Sweed and he hasnt even dressed the first month of the season. You could have used that pick on an o-lineman instead that maybe could be helping the team out right now more so then Sweed is who hasnt helped the team one single bit. I dont know about the rest of you but I find Limas Sweed not even dressing yet to be very very disturbing, and it's something that should not be overlooked like it has been so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    ... but I find Limas Sweed not even dressing yet to be very very disturbing, and it's something that should not be overlooked like it has been so far.
    You over analyze everything, we have talked about it and general opinion is that it takes WR longer to learn their position in NFL, imho... most ain't worth too much until 3rd year.
    We had a terrible game that's it !! No team is ever as good as it's best game and it sure as hell ain't as bad as it's worst game, and we stunk. The STEELERS are somewhere in between and as the season goes on we will find out where the STEELERS are !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    with the right gameplan, they have a chance, but will Ben survive? Without Ben the season is a waste

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Yea its hard for him to succeed on the blitz kreig....But still he can do some things better himself...What I don't understand is why Ben takes the play clock down to zero....I think maybe an audible would help from time to time...But with all the pre snap motion this offense does it leaves no time for an audible...scrap the motion ****...and leave time for an audible...lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    I believe they are badly COACHED, they were not ready for what hit them last sunday, an they have 2 come out this game an the rest of the season an prove they belong in this league We need an real O-LINE coach, an a real Offensive Coordinator

Thread Information