Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expecting low score

Bookmark and Share

Expecting low score

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08273/915930-66.stm

now, i realize this is going to be a battle of two great defenses tonight but i just don't like the way the players are sounding about all this. i would imagine our guys would want to go into heinz field tonight to slaughter the ravens. they're talking about a 6-3 score! i understand that could be the reality but why not go in with the mindset of beating the turds into oblivion??
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    the Steelers and Ratbirds is generally a fairly close game, one where both teams beat the snot out of each other and both walk away from it needing some extra time in the trainers room the following morning. If it's going to be high scoring it's going to be us doing the high scoring; if their pass rush starts getting through and we can't pick it up it will probably be a more low scoring affair. I would love to see us crush them like last year but I'll take a win anyway we can get it.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    6-3, now thats real football no matter what the NFL thinks. Of course being a Steeler fan I'd love to blow the Rats out.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't care what the score is as long as we beat the Rats Birds

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I love a good defensive game on both sides of the ball. Of course in a game like that we need a good OC to make the right calls at the right time, oh well shot that all to hell.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard

O-line is the key

Everybody knows exactly what is coming tonight. The Ravens have undoubtedly watched the footage from the Eagles game and will plan to bring the same kind of pressure. The Ravens defense is actually better than the Eagles so this does not bode well for us. There are two different ways that our offense can combat the blitz assault that they are likely to see tonight. The first way is to actually block like they are being paid to do which I don't see happening. Our line seems to be made up of several weak chain links strung together. The second way will rely on Bruce Arians to install a game plan that will give Ben some options to get rid of the ball fast, something he never did against Philly. Everybody here knows that there are ways to beat teams that bring the blitz on every play. With all the weapons we have you would think that this team could easily exploit such an attack. We couldn't adjust to it last week, now we will see if a week of preparing for such an onslaught makes a difference.

So far we beat teams with a combined record of 1-6

Got annihilated by a team that is 2-2

Lots of unanswered questions about the heart of this team.........
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

No way it's going to be 6-3 unless we miss an extra point. I think we'll score at least 10 points on turnovers alone. The D will get one TD from an INT return, and have another turn over that will be good for a FG even if the O does nothing. So as long as we don't have a key fumble (#34) or an int we should be in good shape for a win in spite of our offensive issues.
    10 points for our D & 10 for the O

20-6 Steelers
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 09-29-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Gold Standard
    I worry about Mendenhall keeping the ball off the turf. Undoubtedly the Ravens have the scouting report on Rashard and know he carries the ball loosely. It will be a successful game for him if he doesn't fumble the ball. The Ravens will definitely be trying to strip it away from him.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Here is how I see it playing out:

BA will have another POOR game plan.
    Ben will get beat on and make bad decisions and some good ones.
    Flacco will look like a champ throwing all over us to start the game.
    Rats will run against our D a bit more than past three games.
    O-line will play better but lack of a good game plan will make us look bad.
    34 will have an OK night but will get dinged up.

Sorry to sound neg. but this team has looked bad and is ranked right at the bottom in offense. A team with so many weapons, just no coaching to utilize them right.

However I do see us winning!! Just not a pretty one!!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I worry about Mendenhall keeping the ball off the turf. Undoubtedly the Ravens have the scouting report on Rashard and know he carries the ball loosely. It will be a successful game for him if he doesn't fumble the ball. The Ravens will definitely be trying to strip it away from him.
    Thats why Mendenhall should have at least 5-10 carries a game no matter how good FWP is playing. He needs to get conditioned on being hit by NFL players and also get used to the faster game speed. His fumbling can be fixed, but if he doesn't get the carries, he's not going to beat that problem.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information