View Poll Results: Can this offensive line pull it together?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the season is young and they'll gel together to form a fine unit

1 2.86%
  • I think so but will Ben survive till they do?

7 20.00%
  • 50-50 right now, it's anyone's guess

18 51.43%
  • No way, this group is a joke and has little hope of doing anything right this year.

9 25.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottom line, can this Offensive line do the job this year at all?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers70 View Post
    I think they're about as bad a line as the Steelers have ever had. It should have been addressed in the off season.

-Steelers70
    I agree it should have as well especially when you used your 2nd pick in the draft on Limas Sweed and he hasnt even dressed the first month of the season. You could have used that pick on an o-lineman instead that maybe could be helping the team out right now more so then Sweed is who hasnt helped the team one single bit. I dont know about the rest of you but I find Limas Sweed not even dressing yet to be very very disturbing, and it's something that should not be overlooked like it has been so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    ... but I find Limas Sweed not even dressing yet to be very very disturbing, and it's something that should not be overlooked like it has been so far.
    You over analyze everything, we have talked about it and general opinion is that it takes WR longer to learn their position in NFL, imho... most ain't worth too much until 3rd year.
    We had a terrible game that's it !! No team is ever as good as it's best game and it sure as hell ain't as bad as it's worst game, and we stunk. The STEELERS are somewhere in between and as the season goes on we will find out where the STEELERS are !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

The Oline is crap and will only get worse B4 the season is up. First two games Ben got hurt and banged up.

My Mood
    Chatty
    The Oline looked good the first 2 games so i'm not totally giving up on them. The Eagles didn't look so great last night so maybe we just had a bad night and they had a good one when we played the Eagles. They have to get it together, they know what Ben means to this team, they can't keep allowing themselves to play like this, coaches, Oline and Ben. Ben needs to throw the ball faster as well. I think our line has alot of potential and I think that after last week the coaches are doing some fast adjusting, they have to. It's only our 4th game, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt, it's our first loss, we can't throw in the terrible towel until we see if they've learned from last week. We killed the Texans the first week and the 2nd week they were playing is horrible weather conditions, last week was really a big test, now we need to make the proper adjustments all around the board. Lets see how they do it!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm on the fence here. 50/50. Its only 3 games in, but this line has played bad now for 3 years. Well, going into year three. There is nothing that they have done over the last 3 seasons to make me think they will play better. Even against the Texans Bens still got crushed. Just not 8 times. The 1 was enough to hurt his arm. I look at this team, and shake my head because we give Ben all that money, and think he can play without a good O-line. I'm not on the staff for them, but if I were, the OL would have been the first thing I tried to fix right when Hartings retired. How can you be in the league, and not know you need a good center?

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I'm on the fence here. 50/50. Its only 3 games in, but this line has played bad now for 3 years. Well, going into year three. There is nothing that they have done over the last 3 seasons to make me think they will play better. Even against the Texans Bens still got crushed. Just not 8 times. The 1 was enough to hurt his arm. I look at this team, and shake my head because we give Ben all that money, and think he can play without a good O-line. I'm not on the staff for them, but if I were, the OL would have been the first thing I tried to fix right when Hartings retired. How can you be in the league, and not know you need a good center?
    Blame a lot of this on the front office and Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin for not addressing this here over the last 2 seasons. Let's face it Sean Mahan was brought in here to play center last season and he was a complete and total disaster for the most part. Mahan was Tomlin's guy and it was Tomlin who named Mahan the starter and trusted him to get the job done last season when he never even came close. Plus, as Ive been pointing out they used a 2nd round draft pick on Limas Sweed who hasnt even dressed thus far through 3 games this season when they could have used that pick on a o-lineman that could possibly be helping them out right now. My point is so far Tomlin and Colbert's judgement on drafting players other then Woodley and Timmons, and picking good ones up in free agency since they have been working together have not been very good at all.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Blame a lot of this on the front office and Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin for not addressing this here over the last 2 seasons. Let's face it Sean Mahan was brought in here to play center last season and he was a complete and total disaster for the most part. Mahan was Tomlin's guy and it was Tomlin who named Mahan the starter and trusted him to get the job done last season when he never even came close. Plus, as Ive been pointing out they used a 2nd round draft pick on Limas Sweed who hasnt even dressed thus far through 3 games this season when they could have used that pick on a o-lineman that could possibly be helping them out right now. My point is so far Tomlin and Colbert's judgement on drafting players other then Woodley and Timmons, and picking good ones up in free agency since they have been working together have not been very good at all.
    I agree. Whats the point of a 6'4 WR if you cant throw to him? And Kevin has been pretty good in the past with the draft, but Dawson was on the team before Kevin got here, and Hartings was just ok. We need a center or all this talent we have will be wasted. How hard is it to get 1 or 2 OL man? Every other team in the league except 2 or 3 seem to do just fine.

Waterboy

O Line

If the Offensive line does not step up their game Ben is gonna be in a bad way and we might have better luck putting the starting line from Pitt out there for us. I as much as anyone would liek to see them play to their ability and be one of the most dominate lines in the league. Possibly some coaching issues.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler_Soldier View Post
    If the Offensive line does not step up their game Ben is gonna be in a bad way and we might have better luck putting the starting line from Pitt out there for us. I as much as anyone would liek to see them play to their ability and be one of the most dominate lines in the league. Possibly some coaching issues.

Well, Penn State would be my choice...lol

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Can I change my vote?
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information