Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colon gets decent grades despite sacks

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Colon gets decent grades despite sacks

According to Steelers tackle Willie Colon, the offensive line received decent grades despite allowing a season-high nine sacks in Sunday's 15-6 loss at Philadelphia. "We graded well, surprisingly," Colon said Wednesday. "Ask the coaches, the O-line did a pretty decent job. There were a lot of communication issues. As a line, we had some big errors. I had a big one. Two other guys had big ones. Those kind of stood out the most."

Link

I really hope this is just Willies' opinion and not that of our coaching staff.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Sorry, but the grade was E or F whatever your into. That was the worst o-line I have ever seen the Steelers put out on the field, and they should run and hide. That was bad, they are bad, and if they weren't all 80 to 100lbs bigger than me I would go tell them to their faces....lol Tomlin better do something or Bill will get his job back next year when he decides to coach again. Then all Tomlin will be remembered for was the guy who filled in for Steely Mcbean when he went on vacation for 2 years.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How in God's name does an OL who didn't block for a running game and allowed 9 sackes grade any better than an F? Those sacks don't even include all the hurries and knockdowns.. tape were these coaches watching? I mean seriously a statement like that goes into the "im going to fire their *** when the season is over" file.

I just about puked all over my PC....What a bunch of BS!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Maybe it was something the coaching staff cooked up so as not to mind *uck the Oline.Right now the biggest problem is goin to be there confidence level.It's the only explanation i can come up with.I mean damn, even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder would have had trouble watching that game.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yeah well Chris Collinsworth seems to think its Ben not getting rid of the ball fast enough...lol what an idoit. dude was born to be a bungle. Ben would have been sacked if he tried spiking the ball. thats how bad they were.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Yeah well Chris Collinsworth seems to think its Ben not getting rid of the ball fast enough...lol what an idoit. dude was born to be a bungle. Ben would have been sacked if he tried spiking the ball. thats how bad they were.
    good analogy.That about sums it up.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Well I want to know where the heck is Starks? He played on the SBXL line and I dont see why they dont try swapping colon and him just to see. Hell the lines not gonna get any worse.

My Mood
    Angry
    What a load of heaping-steaming GARBAGE!!
    Communication problems???
    I didn't realize communication issues causes a player to just get flat out physically beat as well.

Willie Colon along with the rest of the "Turn-styles" posing as Offensive Lineman should all be ashamed of themselves and deserve nothing but a big fat F for that disgusting performance on Sunday!!

The offensive line looked totally un-prepared and poorly coached and Larry Zierlein needs to be FIRED!!
    Tomlin should have got a clue at the end of last season and canned him then.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    You know Peazy I'm sure your right about not wanting to hurt feelings or blow any confidence that these O-line wannabes might have left, if any at all. But I really think some tough love is needed here. Last time I checked Ben is the highest paid Steeler in the history of the team, so you might want to maybe start kicking some *** to get these idiots in line. These over sized goons are paid to block, so block... Ben can only be so good without protection. Lets be really here.. Joe Montana with Bo Jackson could not make a difference behind that JR High level O-line. I am willing to bet we could take any five guys that didn't even get drafted, and they could play just has good. I dont mean so sound like a whiney little B!&ch but this really pisses me off. The off season is long enough for us fans, and Steeler fans are a little spoiled when it comes to a good football team. But to sit around all spring and summer and still three years later not to fix this issue makes me want to puke in Tomlins lap. Get busy fixing this issue or get busy firing these sorry losers from the Team.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    What a load of heaping-steaming GARBAGE!!
    Communication problems???
    I didn't realize communication issues causes a player to just get flat out physically beat as well.

Willie Colon along with the rest of the "Turn-styles" posing as Offensive Lineman should all be ashamed of themselves and deserve nothing but a big fat F for that disgusting performance on Sunday!!

The offensive line looked totally un-prepared and poorly coached and Larry Zierlein needs to be FIRED!!
    Tomlin should have got a clue at the end of last season and canned him then.
    Dont forget that Bills last year, when Russ was still here that this unit gave up 47 sacks. It was losing the center that did this. The retiring of Jeff Hartings sent us into a tail spin. I think its safe to say the most important player on the field is the Center.
    Last edited by Dean Denton; 09-25-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information