Check it out, makes sense to me:

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
    "Happy Happy Happy"

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    yep, nothing new there....

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    Very interesting about how Batch was not sacked last year.
    It was hard to see on TV, but I got the impression that the receivers were having a tough time getting in sync on the hot routes and getting open. Hines mentioned something about this earlier in the week. Tomlin is right that protection is an 11 man issue.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Watch the game again, then show me were Ben even had time to throw the ball away.

Yes Ben at times holds onto the ball for too long,but 5 out of 7 times he'll make a big play doing so. I'll take the trade off.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Watch the game again, then show me were Ben even had time to throw the ball away.

Yes Ben at times holds onto the ball for too long,but 5 out of 7 times he'll make a big play doing so. I'll take the trade off.
    I agree, and I did watch the game again and again, made me sick! 3-4 times the ball could of been dumped off, complete or not, sack avoided.

I'm not venting Ben at all, just hoping this may be an easier fix than I thought.

It seemed to me that we went from the 6-10 yard short stuff to looking deep, that of course takes time which wasn't happening.

My bitch is, why did we get away from what worked the first drive?

WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE AT THIS POINT, LETS ROLL THE RATS UP!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post

How many big plays did Benjamin make on Sunday @ Eagles? I did watch the game and our boy tossed an O fer.
    Striking at mental apparitions like a drunk on a vacant street. ~ Bad Religion

Quote Originally Posted by mental.apparition View Post
    How many big plays did Benjamin make on Sunday @ Eagles? I did watch the game and our boy tossed an O fer.
    how much time did "Benjamin" have time to make a play last sunday??
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    how much time did "Benjamin" have time to make a play last sunday??
    To pretend that Ben has no blame in the protection problems is silly. To pretend every time he took a snap he had immediate pressure is sillier.

Lolley reached in that article for a reaction and he got it. He gives a bit more detail in the comments and I agree Ben has room to grow.

Hey, I think #7 is worth every penny of a cool hundred mil and I'm glad we got him. He is the best football player on our team. He is the future of the franchise.

But he don't walk on water.
    Striking at mental apparitions like a drunk on a vacant street. ~ Bad Religion

Quote Originally Posted by SteelfordWexler View Post
    Very interesting about how Batch was not sacked last year.
    It was hard to see on TV, but I got the impression that the receivers were having a tough time getting in sync on the hot routes and getting open. Hines mentioned something about this earlier in the week. Tomlin is right that protection is an 11 man issue.
    Hard to get sacked when you're running or kneeling the ball to run out the clock.

Oh! You're talking about his ****** performance at the end of the year against a team who just lost to the 0-14 Dolphins. The same game where he threw a bunch of bad passes...two or three of which were horrible INTs.

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Hard to get sacked when you're running or kneeling the ball to run out the clock.

Oh! You're talking about his shiatty performance at the end of the year against a team who just lost to the 0-14 Dolphins. The same game where he threw a bunch of bad passes...two or three of which were horrible INTs.
    No. Im talking about how he dropped back 36 times and was never sacked in 2007. Oh, in 2006 - when Ben was getting sacked on 10% of his drops, Batch was sacked 3 times in 53 attempts. Stats are stats. They don't tell the whole story - but these are saying something.

Thread Information