Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens vs. Steelers (Wk. 4) MNF W 23-20 OT

Hybrid View

Smile Ravens vs. Steelers (Wk. 4) MNF

vs.

Monday September 29, 2008
    Heinz Field - 8:30 PM EST

Looking at these two teams on paper one would think this is a match up of two sucky offenses vs. two really good defenses which will result in a 3-0 win by one of them. The Ravens numbers are slightly skewed though having played only 2 games this season against mediocre teams in the Bengals and Browns. Not to take anything away from the Ravens because they had to play those games, but they did what they had to do with a young inexperienced QB... they ran the ball to burn up the clock (averaging 37 minutes a game) and kept their defense off the field. Given the Ravens defense is old, keeping them off the field is the best thing for the Ravens to do!

The Ravens have asked their young QB to manage the game and keep it close. To date he hasn't had to face a ferocious defense like the Pittsburgh Steelers. Come Monday night Flacco will get his "official" welcoming to the NFL, especially when the Steelers shut down their running game and force him to put the ball in the air. The Ravens will not be able to control the clock this game as they have done thus far because the running game will be non existent from the Ravens and their defense will be forced to play more than the 20 some minutes they have been playing. This should be the first game the Ravens defense is finally exposed!

The Steelers are lining up a stellar line-up! They have big names on both sides of the ball, along with veteran leadership and guys who are still getting their feet wet. The starting line up for the offense looks like they could put up 30+ points in a hurry but that hasn't been the case yet this season. Despite the low offensive statistics from the Steelers, they have done what they needed to for their two wins this season and the defense has been flat out awesome! They are getting to the QB (tied for 3rd in the league with 10 sacks) and when the QB gets rid of the ball they are usually picking it off (2nd in the league with 7 INT's).

This Monday night marks the first glimpse of rookie RB Mendenhall, due to Parker missing the game. This is going to be Steeler Nations first real glimpse into the future! The Steelers have a lot going for them this game, they are coming off a bad performance and loss last weekend and they are playing at home. Tomlin hasn't lost very much at home since taking over the Steelers last year, he is 8-1 (1-0 2008) at home during the regular season. For the Steelers to come out on top they need to do the following:

• O-Line needs to Protect Ben
    • O-Line needs to Protect Ben
    • O-Line needs to open up some holes for Mendenhall and protect Ben!

Join us this Monday night in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer the Steelers to a victory!!!!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 10-06-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

My Mood
    Addicted
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOW SCORING GAME

STEELERS 13
    RAT-TURDS 6

GOooooooooooooooooo STEELERS

If we corrected the problems from the Philly fiasco then I actually think We'll blow the Ratbirds out of the water like we did before. Otherwise I think we're in some real trouble. I have faith that Arians and the O-line have learned their lessons and will be ready to play come Monday night.

Steelers win 21 - 3

-Steelers70

What a good way to end a monday with a steelerz win 27-14 steelerz

It won't be the same as the smack-down from last year, but hey a W is a W and always sweet against the ratbirds

Us 17
    Them 14

"Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Def battle to be waged. The hits in this will be bigger, harder and faster than they were in Philly. I thought we would crush Philly even though we have not won there since 1965, but this game is different, and I know it will be low scoring. If we get to Falco or Flaco, whatever the guys name is than we should win this game. 17-10.

Now if our OL and Ben play the same way the did in Philly then the Ravens will cause more turnovers then Philly, and score many points on Def, and crush us at home. I really thought we were the best team in the league a week ago. Now this group needs to show me I was right. I still feel the AFC is ours to lose. But I will never sleep on the Ravens. Their D is too good, and for some reason they hate us for what we did to them last year on Monday night. Go Steelers, you can do it, and do it BIG.

it's supposed to be a beautiful night here, in the burgh! prime weather to eat some flying rats!!
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    it's supposed to be a beautiful night here, in the burgh! prime weather to eat some flying rats!!
    didn't rain last year on their Monday night against the Ravs?'''

Thread Information