Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Eagles (Wk. 3)

Angry Steelers vs. Eagles (Wk. 3)

vs.

Sunday September 21, 2008
    4:15 PM EST

The Steelers travel to Philadelphia where they haven't won in quite some time. This game not only features two teams from the same state but also two teams that are almost similar on paper. The both have blitzing defences, franchise quarterbacks, possession receivers with an occasional sign of what could be a superstar and running backs who put up a lot of points!

So far this year Philadelphia has been putting points on the board at a blistering pace, 40+ per game. The Steelers defence is going to need to shutdown the Eagles offense and keep the score low to have a chance. Based on the Steelers past, they can hang in a shootout but usually come out on the not quite enough points side. Granted Ben has shown they can rely on his arm, but it's not nothing Steelers football is known for.

The offense sputtered for the Steelers last week, but a large part of that was due to Ike. The wind was gusting and the rain was coming down through out the game, they did what they had to do though and left Cleveland with a win. This week though that challenge is a little more daunting, and to come away with a win the Steelers will need to:

• Keep the Eagles offense off the field.
    • Establish the Running game early.
    • Capitalize on turnovers.

Join us Sunday afternoon here in the Game Day thread to talk about the game and cheer the Steelers to victory!!!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-22-2008 at 07:14 PM.

You waste no time AZ,,,,,,,But i'm with'ya bro,,,,,,Been thinking about this game since last night and worried about Ben taking a hard shot to his shoulder,,,,,,Really hope our line keeps him upright

One small advantage we have,them birds have a short week and have a day less to prepare for us,,,,,,Like to see us aggressive from the get go and take some shots down field on 1st downs,,,,,,,
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-17-2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: fixed smilie

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    HERE WE GO STEELERS...... HERE WE GO!!!!!

My Mood
    Angry
    I don't like the match-up with Philly.
    McNabb is looking like his old self and he's is great at dinking and dunking the ball which has been a traditional weak spot in Lebeau's defense.
    Michael Westbrook is a constant threat where ever he's lined up at.

The plus for the Steelers is that the Eagles are coming off a short week and a draining Monday Night loss.

Should be a very entertaining game.

My Mood
    Chatty
    I really think this will be a tough game for us. They gave Dallas a pretty good run for their money. I didn't think that game would be as close as it was. I think the Eagles look pretty good and the Defense is going to have to really have to be on their toes and our offense must run the crap out of the ball. I think we have a great chance but we must play flawless football sunday. Good thing they played monday night and it was a grueling game.

GO STEELERS!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I really dont see this game being all that close. Our team speed is far better than theirs. If we get in a hole due to turnovers, then yes, we could be in trouble. but Tomlin will have this team ready to go, and I dont see us putting the ball on the turf. Steelers win this game by 3 scores. We will take over in the 2nd half, and put this away. If Dallas Def could rattle Donavan, then we will shake him to his core. Dont be shocked if he wets his pants, or gets carted off the field. This Steelers team is coming to play lights out football. Philly wont know what hit them.

Waterboy
    I hate that we got the Eagles early this year. McNabb never makes it past november, if only we could have had this in the 2nd half of the year we'd be beating up on Kevin Kolb.

Anyway, we HAVE to contain McNabb and westbrook on Defense. Simple as that. If Westbrook keeps slipping out with little catches or screens were done. And if on 3rd and # McNabb can run to freedom its gonna be a long day. Play smart containment, and rush him from the middle and force him out.

On offense, we have to run the ball a lot. They have a stellar passing defense. We gotta go in and establish the ground game, and stick with it. Parker should be able to get a hundy on this defense, and I expect that if he does then its a good solid win.

I still think its close, I say 24-20.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechem View Post
    I hate that we got the Eagles early this year. McNabb never makes it past november, if only we could have had this in the 2nd half of the year we'd be beating up on Kevin Kolb.

Anyway, we HAVE to contain McNabb and westbrook on Defense. Simple as that. If Westbrook keeps slipping out with little catches or screens were done. And if on 3rd and # McNabb can run to freedom its gonna be a long day. Play smart containment, and rush him from the middle and force him out.

On offense, we have to run the ball a lot. They have a stellar passing defense. We gotta go in and establish the ground game, and stick with it. Parker should be able to get a hundy on this defense, and I expect that if he does then its a good solid win.

I still think its close, I say 24-20.
    Look for Troy to spy DM. Also I'm sure Troy will keep an eye on WB on 3rd downs. 24-20 would be a good game, but I have a feeling this one will be over by the 3rd quarter. Steelers start to pull away. Dont be shocked if Ben comes out gun slinging, and puts this one away. I agree we should run, and run alot.

Waterboy
    Im really happy that troy has his A game out lately. I wouldnt be shocked if he works his way to a defensive player of the week for week 3.

He could easily nail a pick and a couple sacks.

I am interested to see what everyone thinks about this game. Right now I am lovin Desean Jackson even though he fumbles the ball on the 1 and does not score TD's. I do not like the way that we match up against your receivers maybe because our D (if you want to call it that) got torched by Dallas several times on Monday Night. I like that we are playing you at the Linc. My thoughts on the game are this McNabb looks like his old self but the offense runs through #36... If you shut him down the Eagles do not have a chance. The defense needs to stop the big plays in order to win the game. Here's to a good game and no injuries

Thread Information