Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still Impressed with Tomlin?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    how we feel or what we post has no affect on the outcome. i will however rip arians, mendy, tomlin, the o line, and special teams a new one if they keep having fundamental breakdowns and playing like a 7th grade pee wee football team. I BLEED F****NG BLACK AND GOLD AND I TALK SHIAT WHEN THEY PLAY LIKE IT. watch who you're calling fair weathered.
    What he said. I don't think being critical of the team when they are doing badly makes any of us fair weathered, just passionate.

Yinzer,

No REAL Pitt Fan knocks what we have! We back them with positivity and hope! ......and next time don't repeat what I just said! So when we go 7-9 I suppose we won't see you any more right? Fair Weathered! One of the other cry babies huh?

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    What he said. I don't think being critical of the team when they are doing badly makes any of us fair weathered, just passionate.
    I completely agree.
    This is for entertainment purposes only. We are talking sports here - the whole point is that you can have opinions on what is going right or wrong and it really doesn't matter. We talk Steeler football - for fun - because we are fans. Biased, crazy, over emotional, quick to react, addicts who probably spend too much time thinking about our football team anyway.

If you think someone's opinion is not objective or you disagree - make your case - don't attack the author. I am absolutely sure, when the whistle blows and they kick off each weekend - 99% of us are glued to the action - geared up in our Kendal Simmons jerseys - with the Terrible Towel in it's position of honor over the TV - ignoring our families and living and dying with our team.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelfordWexler View Post
    I completely agree.
    This is for entertainment purposes only. We are talking sports here - the whole point is that you can have opinions on what is going right or wrong and it really doesn't matter. We talk Steeler football - for fun - because we are fans. Biased, crazy, over emotional, quick to react, addicts who probably spend too much time thinking about our football team anyway.

If you think someone's opinion is not objective or you disagree - make your case - don't attack the author. I am absolutely sure, when the whistle blows and they kick off each weekend - 99% of us are glued to the action - geared up in our Kendal Simmons jerseys - with the Terrible Towel in it's position of honor over the TV - ignoring our families and living and dying with our team.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Did any of you see Inside the NFL? Collinsworth said that Ben needed to get the ball out alot faster, and they other knuckleheads agreed. I dont see this as the issue. Ben didn't even have time to spike the ball. let alone throw it away. Your thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by BLEIER20 View Post
    Yinzer,

No REAL Pitt Fan knocks what we have! We back them with positivity and hope! ......and next time don't repeat what I just said! So when we go 7-9 I suppose we won't see you any more right? Fair Weathered! One of the other cry babies huh?
    listen, tony robbins, this is football, not ballet. positivity and hope??? there's a time and place for all that, but not after the debacle last week. i'm sorry if i hurt your wittle feewings with my big, bad, mean post but this is tough love for the guys. you can react however you want to a loss but i get fired up. if you don't like my posts, don't read them.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Angry
    I'm thinking Tomlin is a big bag of Hot Air!!

When Bill Cowher took over after Chuck Noll it was easy to tell that he was going to be a special and successful coach pretty much from the get go.

Mike Tomlin talks a good game and is a good interview but so far all that he's shown is that he can beat up on inferior teams and that his coaching decisions go into vapor lock when it's time to make smart coaching decisions.

The fact that he retained all of last years coaching staff and has brought in some retreaded bums like Nick Eason and Mewelde Moore is enough for me.

Unfortunately the Rooneys will probably hang onto Tomlin until every Steeler fan in the world has gashed open a cut on their forehead from pounding it in the wall from many more lackluster coaching performances with Mike Tomlin at the helm.

Veteran
    My Mood
    chiefs-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

Basically one of those Holier than thou fans. Or self righteous steeler fan.
    "You should be priveleged to be a Steelers fan".
    "you're spoiled" etc.....
    "When I was a kid the Steelers were 1-13, and cheered every play".
    "I walked to school barefoot up hill both ways and was proud to do it".
    "I never left the stadium, even when we were down 51-0".
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey I enjoy movies too. But, when one sucks I have every right to say it does.
    Last edited by Clevelandsux; 09-25-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEIER20 View Post
    You know I have ONE thing to say about this thread. Yes we can sit back and play Armchair quarterback or Sofa Coach, but aren't we friggin all STEELER FANS here! That means we are with them WIN OR LOSE! You can sit and yell at the TV Monitor, throw popcorn, cuss out Ben for not passing, boo Mendenhal for fumbling, and all that little kid crap, but what does it solve? Not a damn thing! If there is anyone on this forum that even thinks they can play ball better than anyone on that roster, I say pad up and try out next year! Good Luck! Other wise, back the team with dignity, win or lose! 15-6 is not a bad loss, yes it's a loss but we as forum board fans, have no say so in what or how the Steelers play the game! Get over it! We take on the Ravens next week and this could very well possibly put us at 2-2! We know what has to be done, protection on Ben is how we'll beat the Ravens! Give him the time and the O-Line has to open holes and protect Mendenhall!

So let's leave the negativity out of it all and let's win some friggin games here! As I read this forum day in and day out, we have thread titles as such: "Hard Not to Be impressed...", "No love for Parker", "Steelers O-Line set up for Failure"......Damn, give them a break! What do we have here Fair Weather fans, you only talk good about the best team in NFL History when they WIN! Not everyone can WIN ALL the time! Someone has to Lose! Unfortunately, it happened to be us lst weekend!

So let's start gearing up for this week vs. the Ravens and put some POSITIVE Action on this forum please!
    What kind of Browns talk is that? We as fans have a right to bitch about the **** poor play by a unit that has been **** poor for the last 3 years. We are the ones that pay their checks, and build those stadiums for them to play in, so they dont have to go out and get really jobs. We as fans have earned the right to voice our opinion about the sloppy 2nd grade level of play in which this O-line continues to play with. Who is it that you thinks pays that big as salary Ben is getting? Its us, the fans. Also I will take any 4 other people on this forum and go try out for the Steelers O-line because there is no way in hell we would do worse than what we all saw in Philly. I know that there is no such thing as a fair weather Steeler fan, they dont exist.

Remember this Blier20, you dont choose your passions, they choose you, and every Steeler fan was chosen at birth. We never had a choice. This is what it is. Forums are for us to get this crap off our chest. Were pissed off and tired of getting laughed at by the rest of the league. We are the Big Bad Steelers, and no one pushes us around...ever. And Philly did on sunday. Dont get me wrong, there will always be loses, but that was really bad. We looked like a High school Offense playing in the pros...
    Do I think of myself as a sofa coach? Hell yes, and a friggin good one too. I dont think anyone in the free world would tell me I'm full of poo, and dont know what I'm talking about when I say this O-line bites ***, and needs to be replaced.

Get over it, and get on board with your new family or drop the Blier20. Your runing the risk of not being worthy of the name.

Veteran
    My Mood
    chiefs-hater
    Well said Dean. You know what ticks me off the most about our line being so poor. The rest of our team is so talented. Defense, skill positions etc. With Tom brady out, this team could go places. The only thing that will hold us back is that pathetic offensive line.

We all put our trust in the Steelers organization, coaches, scout, GM. They should know more than us, right? Who are they bullshiating? Anyone with half a brain or half eye sight can visably see how bad the offensive line is. And it's been bad since 2006.
    Last edited by Clevelandsux; 09-25-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information