Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trades or free agents?

Bookmark and Share

Trades or free agents?

I know the Steelers could bring in some sort of depth at the o-line through a trade or free agency thats why they have it. Dennis Dixon is a good choice to throw out and see what you can get. With the depth on the o-line limited picking up someone should be something to look at. Big Ben isnt gonna last his contract of 8 years with this nonsense. So is it crazy thinking? Maybe but it could work.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I doubt we trade Dixon. I'm not sure they're are any quality lineman available now.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would'nt trade Dixon we will need him down the line, we will b alright this was just one game. But in the off season we better get Big Ben an better 0-Line or he will not finish out his contract.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No way in the world this team trades Dixon. He's a project but they think he can be something pretty special as he learns how to play QB in the NFL. Besides there's nobody that would give up any decent players for him anyways. He's a rookie who's nowhere near ready to play QB in the NFL for a couple years yet.

The Steelers have never been a team that goes out into the market to try and trade for somebody in the middle of the season so I don't expect them to make any moves of bringing in additional players unless injuries would warrant it. As bad as the OL is we are pretty much stuck with it for now.

no way that's gonna happen. they'll make up for the o line problems in the draft next year. it's definitely something that cannot be fixed in one draft/season.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime83 View Post
    I know the Steelers could bring in some sort of depth at the o-line through a trade or free agency thats why they have it. Dennis Dixon is a good choice to throw out and see what you can get. With the depth on the o-line limited picking up someone should be something to look at. Big Ben isnt gonna last his contract of 8 years with this nonsense. So is it crazy thinking? Maybe but it could work.
    Maybe we can get your namesake to grow a set and block somebody. #83 was beaten like Rodney King by the Eagles.

Do you understand Miller's horrible run blocking helps destroy any protection scheme the Steelers can dream up?

Oh, yeah, the trade idea is ridiculous.
    Last edited by mental.apparition; 09-25-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added last line to be on topic. :)
    Striking at mental apparitions like a drunk on a vacant street. ~ Bad Religion

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Heath is a decent run blocker, he normally does a real solid job for us but that game last week was as ugly as it gets, everybody looked terrible. Heath's ability to get open, great hands, and his ability to block still makes him one of the best in the NFL no question.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yeah we have nothing that we can trade without taking away from our strong points. This O-line is just going to have to play better. I dont see how they can be any worse than what they were on Sunday. 9 sacks!!!! Is that a record?

If we dont get a hold on this issue we are going to need Dixon because Ben and Leftwich will be on IR before the end of the season. Ben will be sitting at home with Brady wishing they both had five layers of protection....

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Heath is a decent run blocker, he normally does a real solid job for us but that game last week was as ugly as it gets, everybody looked terrible. Heath's ability to get open, great hands, and his ability to block still makes him one of the best in the NFL no question.
    Miller is sometimes solid, TG, but is wildly inconsistent on run blocking. I like him as a receiver but he's not yet the weapon he has shown the ability to be.

Some of that is not Miller's fault as I think he's not nearly targeted enough by Ben. But that is another discussion.
    Striking at mental apparitions like a drunk on a vacant street. ~ Bad Religion

Quote Originally Posted by mental.apparition View Post
    Maybe we can get your namesake to grow a set and block somebody. #83 was beaten like Rodney King by the Eagles.

Do you understand Miller's horrible run blocking helps destroy any protection scheme the Steelers can dream up?

Oh, yeah, the trade idea is ridiculous.
    Haha Well yeah the trade thing was just something I would throw out to see if I was the only one thinking it. Now free agency is something they will have to look at if not during the season for sure after the draft. As you can see am a huge #83 fan and yeah he had a bad game against the eagles. Really he's one of the better blocking TEs in the league. I dont know how he is the #1 reason the protection has been shady. Im pretty sure having a solid interior line is the bread in butter of at blocking scheme not a TE even if he blows a play here or there. The only thing you said that made sense was that they should throw the rock his way acouple more times a game. Oh and the "ridiculous" trade idea!

Thread Information