Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other then the Steelers winning out here is what they need to get a wildcard spot...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

Other then the Steelers winning out here is what they need to get a wildcard spot...

As crazy as it sounds right now the Steelers have a realistic shot at the play-offs . The two teams they potentially are chasing are Denver and Jacksonville. Let's start with the Jags they have games left against Indy and at NE, and a pretty tough game this week at home against Miami. If they lose 2 of those 3 which is a strong possibillity and the Steelers win out we will have one more win then the Jags. This also applies to the Denver Broncos as well who have two very tough road games left at Indy this Sunday,and at Philly in 2 weeks. If they lose both of those they finish at 10-6 and if the Steelers win out they will win the head to head tiebraker over the Broncos since they did beat them on the Monday night in Denver. Also, if the Ravens lose tonight they would be in the same boat as the Dolphins for the Steelers to overtake them because we play both of them still head to head and can win both tiebrakers. The Jets are ahead of us too but they arent going 4-0 the rest of the way either seeing that they have games left with Atlanta,Indy,and Cincy so as long as they lose 1 more which they will the Jets arent a factor. Now you ask How do we win out ???

Beat Cleveland which probably sounds easier then it will be for sure. Have 10 days to get ready at home for GB. Troy will hopefully return and motivate the team and especially the defense for a desperate run . Next beat the Ravens here at home. It took them until overtime in their own house to beat our third string QB and without Troy . Then, take your chances in Miami the last week with everything on the line in beating a decent Dolphins team.

It might seem improbable....but it's not impossible. I know I have done this time and time again but like I keep saying on here until the Steelers lose in Cleveland on Thursday or are officially mathematically eliminated I will not throw in the towel on playoff chances no matter how many people on this board continue to say Im an idiot or smoking crack or whatever the case maybe. If the Steelers beat the Browns they will get help this week and still have a shot going into the Packers game on Dec 20th...

My Mood
    Addicted
    thank you.

I'm going to that GB game..hope it's a good one.

Again, Steelers control their own destiny. . .But do they "deserve" the opportunity to play as a #6 when they contunially play down to the level of their opponents (KC and OAK)? I hope they win out because football isn't football without the Steelers in the playoffs. Baltimore has to lose tonight, Steelers have to win out and hopefully the Jags will play Indy when it's still relevant and Indy won't play their JV team.

Shame on the Steelers though; they should have never allowed this situation to evolve.

I'm not saying the Steelers won't make the playoffs, I'm just under the impression that once we get there, we won't go very far. Realistically I can't imagine us making the AFC championship let alone the Super Bowl.

Stranger things have happened. . .The key is getting invited to the dance.

Steelers are on life support, but they still have a pulse.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Again, Steelers control their own destiny. . .But do they "deserve" the opportunity to play as a #6 when they contunially play down to the level of their opponents (KC and OAK)? I hope they win out because football isn't football without the Steelers in the playoffs. Baltimore has to lose tonight, Steelers have to win out and hopefully the Jags will play Indy when it's still relevant and Indy won't play their JV team.

Shame on the Steelers though; they should have never allowed this situation to evolve.
    The Colts play the two teams the Steelers need to lose the next 2 weeks in Denver and a game next Thursday night in Jacksonville. If the Colts beat the Broncos in Indy this Sunday they will clinch the number 1 seed in the playoffs and homefield advantage. With that being said, I highly doubt that they are going to sit people for that Jags game the following Thursday being a division rival and just all the circumstances around it. I think the Jags are going to lose to Miami this Sunday anyway which would help the Steelers as well. Here is the simplest scenario for the Steelers to reach the playoffs they obviously of course need to win out and finish 10-6. They need the Ravens to lose tonight in Green Bay, the Jets to lose at least one of their remaining 4 games which they definitely will seeing that they play Atlanta,Indy,and the Bengals 3 of their last 4 games,and for either the Broncos or Jags to lose 2 of their 4 remaining games. The Broncos have games left at Indy,Oakland,at Philly,and KC. While the Jags have home games left with Miami and Indy and road games left at New England and at Cleveland. One of those two teams speaking of the Broncos and Jags will definitely lose 2 of their 4 remaining games looking at both their remaining schedules.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 12-07-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Let's just shoot for winning a game or two before worrying about will they make the playoffs....

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Stranger things have happened. . .The key is getting invited to the dance.

Steelers are on life support, but they still have a pulse.
    Yes they do still have a pulse for sure. With that being said, as optimistic as I am with these scenarios and what not if the Steelers lose to the Browns on Thursday night even I will come on here and tell you that no matter what they do the last 3 games they will not get in the playoffs. If they beat the Browns though Im telling you things will get interesting going into the Packers game on December 20th. The Steelers will get help I believe this Sunday like I just mentioned in the other post seeing who the Jags and Broncos play this week and in the upcoming weeks, but first and foremost they need to help themselves by staying alive and beating the Browns Thursday night.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Well the playoffs have already started for the Steelers this Thursday night against the Browns, a game we will win, and then have 10 days to prepare for a good Packers team.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    Well the playoffs have already started for the Steelers this Thursday night against the Browns, a game we will win, and then have 10 days to prepare for a good Packers team.
    A good Packers team hopefully with Troy Polamalu back in the lineup which could give the Steelers a big boost on defense especially with a few extra days to prepare. The Browns game is still not a gimmie though Steel. If the Steelers let the Browns hang around in this game like they let the Chiefs and Raiders do for the longest time in both of those games they have a more then realistic chance of losing this game in Cleveland Thursday night. The Steelers MUST put this game away early in Cleveland or Im telling you right now their odds of losing this game increase a great deal. This Steelers team cannot afford to go into the 4th quarter only up 3 or 4 points on the Browns knowing what they have done all year blowing leads late and seeing how fragile their confidence is.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 12-07-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Thread Information