• Both are about even

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's defense is better?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Who's defense is better?

The Eagles or the Steelers. both teams have a strong defense lead by legendary coaches. If you had to choose a secondary which one would you go with?

Lito Shepard, Asante Samuel, Brian Dawkins, and Sheldon Brown are a formidable unit however Dallas was able to pick them apart.Beyond those starters the depth is nothing impressive. They will put Samuel on the teams top WR and let him go 1 on 1 all day long. Dawkins still lays out a mean hit. The eagles front 7 can get pressure with their attacking style and different blitz packages. If you let them get going and they smell blood they'll eat you alive.

We all know our defense is all about pressure, if the pass rush doesn't get there we are in trouble. With Troy playing better and McFadden getting to show what he has, along with Ike having another year of experience and the leader Ryan Clark healthy again I do like our secondary's chances much more than I have the last 2 years. Our defense seems to be a feast or famine. Either you are going to march down the field on us or we're going to stop you after the 1st or 2nd series of the drive.

I like how we've been able to defend the red zone so far this year, that's an encouraging sign of a unit that knows when to tighten up in a tough spot.

My Mood
    Horny
    there both good. philly MIGHT have a better secondary then us BUT our D line and linebackers got them hands down IMO!!! steelers all the way!

Stroking all cylinders,i would say we are better in that dept.

I don't even think its a contest. Steelers win hands down. We have a better D-Line, linebackers, and safeties. Only edge they have is in corners.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    I don't even think its a contest. Steelers win hands down. We have a better D-Line, linebackers, and safeties. Only edge they have is in corners.
    agree 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    That's it!

Their LB's and line are better this year but still not in the same class as our. Brian Dawkins can hit but he's not the great player he was a couple of years ago, I don't understand why they had him alone on TO Monday, just like he was on Holmes in our preseason game. Dawkins has taken a beating all week so I look for him to come back and have a strong game on Sunday. Mickel is above average and Considine just flat out sucks, whenever the Steelers have a big play on Sunday you'll see #37 3 yards away. Their 3 corners are way better than ours.

There's no doubt that these are 2 of the top defensive coordinators it will be fun to see what they come up with.

I think the play calling of the Steelers could set the tone for this game. I believe that our boys are holding back intentionally.Just an intuative feeling i have.We have not seen half of our weapons on offense that we can employ when needed,simply cause we did not need them.Doesn't mean they are not there. If we play a complete game,we are going to be a force to be reckoned with. The old don't write a check,if your bank can't cash it theory. If we have to go score for score,things could get mean and nasty. Then the pass rush starts to come your way.I still say the defense will win this game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The talent level edge goes to the Steelers no question but the Eagles play very well and know how to execute Jim Johnson's defense. It's early to make a real accurate call but right now I'd say probably even with the edge going to Pittsburgh.

stiller defense all the way!!
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWard View Post
    there both good. philly MIGHT have a better secondary then us BUT our D line and linebackers got them hands down IMO!!! steelers all the way!

Their secondary is good, but did you see Considine get burnt Monday night?? Im a big Considine fan considering he from my area and alot of his family lives in my town. Unfortunately, we lost a good defensive end to injury last week.

But, I dont think they have the depth we do. We cornered the market on Badasses

Thread Information