Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough of what's wrong..How about what's right ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Enough of what's wrong..How about what's right ?

In the last month we've dissected everything that has gone wrong this season 9 different ways from sunday. Ben, the secondary, poor tackling, return game, running game, coaches, play calling, players, you name it.

So now let's see what we can find that we've been able to improve on and things that we have been doing right. Here's a few off the top of my head.

Run Defense: Last time I checked we've been allowing about 80 rush yds per game. Considering our secondary woes early on this year, having a good run defense is something we've been good at for a long time and if we can continue it, it's definately something to build on.

Santonio Holmes: He's pushing for more playing time at WR, and starting to get just alittle bit better each week in the return game on ST. With Willie Reid out for atleast this week he'll get even more work.

Coverage units: The ST coverage guys are slowly but surely getting better and better each week as AZ pointed out. We need to keep this part of our game improving to help our defense force the long field and back up the opposing offense closer to their goal line and force some good quick turnarounds for our offense.

Santonio has showed great hands and reliability
    Najeh showed hes a beast (on 2 plays and a KR...baby steps)
    Polamalu is healthy again
    Coclough is on IR
    Big ben has been better than he played at Jacksonville (baby steps)
    Willie is still really fast

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Coc on IR is definately a good thing

Willie has definately shown that he is able to carry the load but having Najeh hopefully getting more reps will only help us as the season goes on.

Overall, in our 3 losses this season, we have either led or been behind by less than 5 points in the 4th quarter so it's not like we're getting blown out for 60 minutes, we just need to finish the thing off when the game is on the line.

Damn the bye week. I think Ben is better then what alot of people are saying. He had a great first half against the Bengals and if not for the fumbles we win that game and people are saying the Steelers are back and will be fine for the season. We all know it did not happen and with having a bye week I think only stunted the progress of Bens play. He will be ok.

Holmes has always had the speed size and hands, he just needed to learn the playbook and run better routes, which I think he is starting to do.
    aushqf4

We need to finish the game and stop shooting ourself in the foot in the 4th quarter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    We need to finish the game and stop shooting ourself in the foot in the 4th quarter.

I agree with that! We've been in every game but haven't gotten it done when it counts.

How has Najeh showed he's a beast Did I miss something????

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    To me the only good things so far on a consistent basis this season has been Willie Parker, run defense and thats about it.

IMO, Willie has been kind of spotty. He started with over 100, then was held in check, came back with another 100 then was held in check. Based on his pattern so far he is do for another 100 yard game.

Overall all though based on the teams performance Willie has been the one bright star, especially if he can be more consistent with his 100 games!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Dude the only game Willie Parker was held in check was the Jags game. Against the Chargers he had 57 yards on 14 carries with a TD. If Willie gets 25 carries against the Chargers he would have 100 yards. But he only got the 14 attempts. So I think Willie Parker was solid against the Chargers. When you factor in that defense probally are not even respecting the Steelers passing game right now then I find no fault in Willie Parker.

Thread Information