Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Power Rankings... Pittsburgh #2

Bookmark and Share
    Steel City Mafia # 632

NFL Power Rankings... Pittsburgh #2

NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 3
    Week: Pre | 1 | 2 | 3
    Add Widget ESPN.com

The Dallas Cowboys, who survived a seesaw, home battle with the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 2, remain the kings of the hill this week. And for the second consecutive polling, our experts deem the Pittsburgh Steelers the second-best team in the league -- even though the Steelers barely edged the host Cleveland Browns.

But the top of the standings could be in a for a shakeup next week. Sunday the Cowboys visit the Green Bay Packers, who rank fourth this week. Earlier in the day, the No. 2 Steelers will visit the Eagles, who rank No. 5 this week despite the "Monday Night Football" loss at Dallas.

In the middle of the logjam atop the power rankings are the New York Giants, up two spots to No. 3. In Week 2, the defending Super Bowl champions dismantled the St. Louis Rams, who for the second consecutive week anchor the bottom of the rankings.

The Giants replace the shell-shocked San Diego Chargers, this week's biggest tumblers. Victim of a last-minute winning score for the second consecutive week, the Chargers fell 10 places from No. 3 to No. 13 overall. The New Orleans Saints -- who could not hold a fourth-quarter lead against the Washington Redskins in Week 2 -- and the Jacksonville Jaguars -- who squandered a fourth-quarter lead over the Buffalo Bills at home -- also took big hits. The Saints (from No. 4 to No. 12) and Jags (from No. 10 to No. 18) each fell eight spots.

~If we can handle the Eagles this week,then we should match up pretty good with Dallas too....I think our D will hold the Eagles in better check than the boys did.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yeah with a Steeler winning and Dallas losing this week, we will sit on top, unless they stick the Packers at #1. I was kinda hoping Pitt and Dall would hold the 1 and 2 spot untill we play 12/7 and put and end to that whole thing.
    Packers-Steelers superbowl would be nice....just a thought.

Gold Standard
    I agree. I don't see the Eagles shredding our defense like they did to Dallas. If we keep them under 20 I think we win the game.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I would imagine the Steelers stayed at #2 after edging out the Bronws just because of the weather and all the hype swirling around the Browns for this season... I'm content with #2... #1 would go to their heads and they would slack off

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hate power rankings, they should just let the Steelers off the list and keep telling the players they suck

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I hate power rankings, they should just let the Steelers off the list and keep telling the players they suck
    The only thing I like about power ranking is that when the Steelers are ranked high like this, it shows that other people see the talent and skill level of this team. Teams like the Colts, Cowboys, Packers, and everyone else are always getting the attention. Makes no sense to me sometimes. Look at the Cowboys. They have a QB that has choked in his 2 playoff games, but yet his team is picked to go all the way. Jags get the samer kind of treatment, but not right now. A lot of Bias people run these things.

#1 loser, Tony Kornhiser. He stated that the Cowboys were the #1 sports team in the country passing the NY Yankees. NO NO NO...
    Last year NFL Network took a pole of who really is Americas team?
    The Steelers won that in a land slide. Not only are they most loved team in all of sports, they are also the most requested team to watch in all of Sports.
    If anyone knows how to send an email to ESPN to request the Removal of Kornhiser please let me know. I would rather listen to Dennis Miller, then that goof ball. He ruins MNF...IMO

Waterboy
    I like where the Burgh is at. I dont like the Vic Carucci NFL rankings though. He has us at 6 I believe, and he said "Pittsburgh managed to escape with a win in Cleveland"

Escape my ***!

But anyway, we gotta get past Philly. If we do, its smooth sailing for a while.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Kornhiser doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground, I swear these people that get hired to commentate sports games and do journalist work for publications have to be some of the most simple minded people you can possibly meet. They're so influenced by what everybody else says that you can predict exactly what their opinion will be based on the games they do each week.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Kornhiser doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground,
    I agree he is the worst, and he's annoying as hell. Especially this past week, the game was very entertaining and Kornholer was trying so hard too be funny that you would of thought the game was a blow out. On the other hand I think Mike Tirico did a great job.

That being said I'm not a fan of any power ratings.

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    I agree. You have a 100 different "Football Guys" that give you 100 different rankings. It only matters who holds the trophy up at the end each year. It's why they play the games. If it was played on paper. They coulda skipped to the Super Bowl and had New England play Dallas Week 1 and be done with it.

Thread Information