Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger's career passing statistics

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Horny
    good post the stats are impressive regardless!! i am just glad he is on our side!!!!!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I wasn't trying to be "lippy." I just wanted to examine Ben's entire body of work.
    I know man, I was kidding....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Am I the only one that thinks Bens INT's are a little high? What are Eli and Rivers numbers?
    Last edited by Dean Denton; 09-18-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I know man, I was kidding....
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Am I the only one that thinks Bens INT's are a little high? What are Eli and Rivers numbers?
    Ben had 11 INTs his rookie year during the regular season...He had 5 in the post season that year.....

Ben had 9 INTs in the regular season in 2005......He had 3 in the post season that year...

In 2006 Ben threw 23 INTs......Which he was coming off the motor cycle accident and a concussion he suffered against the Raiders.....No postseason that season...

Last year Ben threw 11 INTs in the regular season....3 in the play off loss to Jax.....

His INTs were a bit low his first two years but he also didn't throw a ton his first two seasons...He had 295 attempts his rookie year and 268 his second year....But still I think that was impressive for a young QB.....

Of course 2006 Ben led the NFL in INTs with 23....But he had a ton of physical and mental trauma to deal with that season...It was amazing he even played...

Last year Ben only threw 11 INT's and he also had over 400 pass attempts...I think that is real solid considereing he threw 32 TD passes in the regular season....So I don't think his INTs are that high......He does need to cut them down in the post season....He has 11 career post season in which that includes the Super Bowl......But Ben is also just entering his prime....So I think come play-off time this we will see a more wise Ben when it comes to his decesion making.....

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ben had 11 INTs his rookie year during the regular season...He had 5 in the post season that year.....

Ben had 9 INTs in the regular season in 2005......He had 3 in the post season that year...

In 2006 Ben threw 23 INTs......Which he was coming off the motor cycle accident and a concussion he suffered against the Raiders.....No postseason that season...

Last year Ben threw 11 INTs in the regular season....3 in the play off loss to Jax.....

His INTs were a bit low his first two years but he also didn't throw a ton his first two seasons...He had 295 attempts his rookie year and 268 his second year....But still I think that was impressive for a young QB.....

Of course 2006 Ben led the NFL in INTs with 23....But he had a ton of physical and mental trauma to deal with that season...It was amazing he even played...

Last year Ben only threw 11 INT's and he also had over 400 pass attempts...I think that is real solid considereing he threw 32 TD passes in the regular season....So I don't think his INTs are that high......He does need to cut them down in the post season....He has 11 career post season in which that includes the Super Bowl......But Ben is also just entering his prime....So I think come play-off time this we will see a more wise Ben when it comes to his decesion making.....
    I hope so. What about those other 2 knuckleheads, Eli, and Rivers?

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I hope so. What about those other 2 knuckleheads, Eli, and Rivers?
    Eli has thrown 55 INTs the last three seasons.....17 in 2005, 18 in 2006, 20 in 2007.........I don't have his 2004 rookie numbers off hand and I don't want to look them up...lol But I think he threw 9 INTs his rookie year in limited action....He started in the second half of his rookie year in place of Kurt Warner...

Rivers didn't play much his first two seasons.....since Drew Brees was the starting QB for the Chargers...But 2006 was his first year as the starter and Rivers threw 9 INTs in 460 pass attempts.....In 2007 Rivers threw 15 INTs in 460 pass attempts..

I hope this helps some...

Waterboy
    So I don't think his INTs are that high......He does need to cut them down in the post season....He has 11 career post season in which that includes the Super Bowl......But Ben is also just entering his prime....So I think come play-off time this we will see a more wise Ben when it comes to his decesion making.....
    I dont blame a ton of the post season picks on Ben. I think its more the simple fact that we need to run the ball a little more and we need to avoid FORCING Ben to make all the plays. That is not our team. And its why the Pats owned us in 04. Granted, last year we didnt have Parker at the end so of course we were out, but Ben has to have support. Bottom line.

Ben isnt a guy who throws 45 times and we win. Its gotta be a balanced game.

If Ben goes on to have a 286/189 career TD/INT ratio then I will be more then happy with that......That is a +97.....Not bad at all....
    Blasphemy! Terry Bradshaw had a +2 td/int ratio and is the best QB EVER!!!

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Blasphemy! Terry Bradshaw had a +2 td/int ratio and is the best QB EVER!!!
    Yes I know Bradshaw had a +2 TD/INT ratio but I never proclaimed him the best QB ever....I think you're mistaken me for somebody else.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    the entire 2006 season was just a disaster; between Ben's accident & concussion & knee issues, Troy being hurt, the willie not running with any passion & fumbling on top of it, the OL just playing like crap, the pass rush being non-existant, etc. I wish we could just wipe away that years worth of stats because of most of them suck..LOL.

Ben constantly forced the ball, made poor decisions, took way too many sacks, and just generally was not right for most of the year. Like BG32 said, it's a wonder the guy could even play for that year.

Ben is steadily improving his stats and that's what we want, the guy is a gunslinger like we've talked about a million times. He's going to through INT's now and then, it's just how he plays. He's not afraid to take chances. He is making better decisions as was evident last year. I expect him to continue the improvement this season.

Yes I know Bradshaw had a +2 TD/INT ratio but I never proclaimed him the best QB ever....I think you're mistaken me for somebody else.....
    No I wasn't haha. I was just reminiscing about Steel58. That post was my homage to him...and Cleve.

Thread Information