Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 - Steeler Addicts Ironman

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    What is more than his job? He managed the game, and he still continues to hold the ball too long, which is leading to the sacks. Ben did what he is supposed to do, considering he is a $100 million player.

Why would you bring up money? It has nothing to do with his performance on the field? The few sacks that BR took came as a result of lazy *** Simmons totally whiffing on his assignment to finish off Rogers. He was supposed to be helping Hartwig double on Rogers and he missed his assignment both times.

When you have a seperated shoulder and can still throw downfield and in those condiditions, you did more than you were "supposed to do"
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    What is more than his job? He managed the game, and he still continues to hold the ball too long, which is leading to the sacks. Ben did what he is supposed to do, considering he is a $100 million player.
    But if Ben does try to throw the ball away and it leads to a turn over then people will scream about that....I hate seeing Ben take the sacks also but I prefer that he doesn't lose the football...I blame Bruce Arians for a total stale game plan....I don't see Moore out there like we should....yes he gets some snaps...But he can be vital on third down as a receiver out of the back field or in blitz pickup...Plus if I see Arians set Ben up in third and long one more time then I'm going to puke....Its very easy for a defense to tee off when you put yourself in obvious passing situations....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    So you gave it to them for doing their job? ... I gave it to BR because he did more than his job considering the 2 issues that I mentioned.
    considering the scrutiny this group is under and how bad they sucked for 2 years in a row they've had 2 good games so yeah I guess I did give it to them for doing their job but they did play pretty darn well.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Why would you bring up money? It has nothing to do with his performance on the field? The few sacks that BR took came as a result of lazy *** Simmons totally whiffing on his assignment to finish off Rogers. He was supposed to be helping Hartwig double on Rogers and he missed his assignment both times.

When you have a seperated shoulder and can still throw downfield and in those condiditions, you did more than you were "supposed to do"
    You brought up that the O-line was "just doing their job" which is too often the opinion of many football "fans". Considering Shaun Rodgers was pretty much a non-factor for pretty much the whole game, with the exception of that cheap shot on Ben that should have been a 15 yard penalty, I would say the O-line went above and beyond. Willie was steady and solid tonight, b/c the Oline provided great blocking for him. When Willie is gaining 4-5 yards pretty consistently, that's when you know the Oline is at its best. Ben played solidly, but he was not the player of the game.

He's a football player who gets paid millions of dollars, he is "supposed" to tough it out. If his injury was that bad, he wouldn't have been on the field.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    considering the scrutiny this group is under and how bad they sucked for 2 years in a row they've had 2 good games so yeah I guess I did give it to them for doing their job but they did play pretty darn well.
    I'm very critical of the OL and so far I think they have been solid....Ben and Arians need to sit down and get the right players in the right situations to get rid of the ball so it doesn't lead to sacks...

alright, im giving credit when credit is due.....troy played a smart game and put the body on the line which is what i love....that pick was critical and the play where he flipped over the lineman made me say....alright, maybe hes gonna turn things around, im not a hater i call them like i see them and he showed me something today.

Draft Pick portcityblackandgold's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'm going with Holmes, he made some big catches and a nice end around run for a first down.

Anutha fine masterpiece by the picasso of sigs K-Train

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm very critical of the OL and so far I think they have been solid....Ben and Arians need to sit down and get the right players in the right situations to get rid of the ball so it doesn't lead to sacks...
    well said, I agree. And some of our screens were so predictable last night. Ben throws well down field, let him throw it.

I voted Aaron Smith.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Polamalu is in the lead but it's not a blow out, get your votes in all ! We'll leave the voting up until tomorrow morning.

Banned Snake Champion
    My Mood
    Smokin
    YEAH... I went with Troy...2 big games in a row!!!! Keep it up

Thread Information