Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andra Davis Looking To Take Big Ben Out

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Andra Davis Looking To Take Big Ben Out

Ok not really since he did advocate good legal hits to take Ben out...But still thought this was interesting article....Kind of reminds when Gerrard Warren ran his mouth in 2004 during Ben's rookie year when he stated if you kill the head then you kill the QB or something along that lines...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plai...330.xml&coll=2

BROWNS INSIDER
    Cleveland Browns linebacker Andra Davis says team must focus on stopping Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger

Saturday, September 13, 2008
    Browns linebacker Andra Davis has a plan for how to defend Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
    "This game, we've just got to not worry about fines or late hits or whatever the referee is going to do," said Davis, who's 1-12 against the Steelers. "We've just got to go out and get him down because you know they take care of the quarterbacks in this league. But we've just got to put that behind us. If we get fined, we get fined. We've just got to make sure we get the job done."
    Davis made it clear that he was advocating good, legal hits, not harming Roethlisberger, who suffered a shoulder injury last week on a sack by Houston defensive end Mario Williams. Roethlisberger is probable for Sunday.

"Not necessarily go out there to hurt him, but I remember one play a couple of years ago, Nick Eason [now a Steeler] was on our team," Davis said. "He had him, but if you slam him to the ground you get a fine, so he let him go and they kept the play going. [Roethlisberger] made a big play on third down. That's what I'm saying. In a situation like that, you've got to make sure you get him down and worry about whatever's going to happen later."
    Eason, concerned about NFL fines during that game in 2006, let Roethlisberger slip out of his grasp to avoid a flag and the quarterback hit receiver Santonio Holmes for a 20-yard touchdown pass en route to a 24-20 Steelers victory.
    Linebacker Willie McGinest was docked $7,500 this week for "impermissable use of the helmet" for a hit on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo last Sunday.

Willie or won't he?
    The Browns know a key to the game will be containing Steelers running back Willie Parker, who rushed for 138 yards and a career-high three touchdowns last week against the Texans.
    The 138 yards were the fourth-most by Parker and the most since he had a team-record 223 yards against the Browns on Dec. 7, 2006.
    "He's a home-run back," Davis said. "He's small, he's fast and they've got a big, physical offensive line. He's the type of dude, you've just got to continue to go out there and keep after him the whole game. He's proven why he's a Pro Bowl back. You can stop him and stop him and he can break one for 50 yards. You have to stay fundamental - build that wall and set that edge and try to keep him inside, try to force him to our big guys. We've got our hands full."

what a tool lol, thats the kind of **** that makes hines throw a cheap one on him

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    what a tool lol, thats the kind of shiat that makes hines throw a cheap one on him
    Davis isn't to smart...I can see Ward looking for him tomorrow night....I really want the Steelers to try and throw deep early and often against that terrible secondary.....I would like to see a 48-10 blow out or something to that effect tomorrow...I'm tired of hearing about the Browns...

this is gonna be the second of 10 total losses for them

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this is gonna be the second of 10 total losses for them

I had the Browns winning 7-8 games this year....So we're close in terms of thinking how good they will be this season....Their magic from last year ran out.....Derek Anderson will prove to be a fraud....

funny... andre davis has had like 3 sacks in the last 3 seasons.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yea Davis said they can't worry about fines or penalties 4 late hits,whatDavis is this the only way u can win is by cheap shots? what losers, this is why the clowns suck,no one in there right mind would root 4 such LOSERS,It's really going 2 b an depressing week n the mistake by the lake seeing that the buckeyes got blown out, an the clowns get blown out 2morrowGO STEELERS

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Andra Davis? who the **** is that? That bum better worry about trying to contain FWP and Co. before he worries about anything else. LOSERS!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Andra Davis who? what a tool...you've got the have the stats and reputation for anyone to take you seriously when you talk smack against your opponent. When you have an average linebacker talking like he's all that and then some it just makes everybody

The Steelers aren't stupid, they know the Browns are going to take cheap shots and you can bet they'll try and take some on not only Ben but Hines, Willie, and Santonio as well. Hines likes to dish it out against Cleveland so I suspect he'll be hunting down one Andra Davis when he has the chance.

hines is quietly one of the dirtiest players in the game, this is bad news for the browns because hines is a headhunter

Thread Information