Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans voted and the most memorable Steelers vs browns game is?

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Fans voted and the most memorable Steelers vs browns game is?

No. 1 at Pittsburgh, November 25, 1979

Matt Bahr, whose 21 yard field goal with 24 seconds left tied the game, kicked a 37 yarder with nine seconds left in overtime to vault the Steelers to a 33-30 victory over the hated Browns in what some observations felt was the best NFL game played at Three Rivers Stadium.

Franco Harris carried 32 times for 151 yards and caught a career high nine passes for 81 yards to drag Pittsburgh back from deficits of 20-6 and 30-20, but it was the defensive work of L.C. Greenwood that had most of the Steelers' admiration after an exhausting four hours of football.

Greenwood was in on five of the seven sacks of Cleveland quarterback Brian Sipe, three coming in the fourth quarter. "I'm so exhausted I can barely move; I can barely stand up," said Greenwood. "It was one of the most physical games I've played in the 11 years I've played football. We played five quarters. Five complete quarters. I guess for the fans, it was a very dramatic game. For us it was a hard fought game. We had to fight. Cleveland played great football."

Cleveland players said the same thing of the Steelers, and the same could be said for most of the past 46 years.

Find out the other nine @ http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/...owns/page3.htm

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Man reading those sure makes you realize just deep and passionate this rivalry is for the fans and the players. Hating the Browns is a right of passage for any self respecting Steeler fan and as long as we beat them that's all I care about, every Steelers win vs the Browns is a great memory.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Suprised not to see the 2002 playoff game listed.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    41-0 in 2005 was a great memory for me. It was on christmas eve. and James harrison slamming one of there moronic fans was a classic!

2004 we beat the Browns 24-10 in a game i attended. We find our seats about 45 minutes before kick off. Alot of fighting going on in the stands etc. Then a fight breaks out on the field during pregame warm ups.We're like "what's going on"?

My brother had his radio on and we hear Joey porter and William Green have been ejected. An unknown named James Harrison replaces Porter and plays a great game.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah that was one of the wildest games I've ever seen period, talk about a roller coaster ride. I can still remember Fu busting through for the TD at the end of the game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Man reading those sure makes you realize just deep and passionate this rivalry is for the fans and the players. Hating the Browns is a right of passage for any self respecting Steeler fan and as long as we beat them that's all I care about, every Steelers win vs the Browns is a great memory.
    I agree 1000%

More than half those games were before my time!

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    This was the most exiciting game for me,,,,,,,,,What a comeback

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    To me that would be the most memorable Steelers/Browns game.....That was one of the best games I have seen....

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    41-0 in 2005 was a great memory for me. It was on christmas eve. and James harrison slamming one of there moronic fans was a classic!

2004 we beat the Browns 24-10 in a game i attended. We find our seats about 45 minutes before kick off. Alot of fighting going on in the stands etc. Then a fight breaks out on the field during pregame warm ups.We're like "what's going on"?

My brother had his radio on and we hear Joey porter and William Green have been ejected. An unknown named James Harrison replaces Porter and plays a great game.
    I agree the Christmas Eve game was awesome, couldnt wait for Santa after that one

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information