Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Clowns Week !!!

Bookmark and Share

It's Clowns Week !!!

I say a big HELL YEAH!!!!!!! Come on Steeler Nation,share your views!!!!!!!!Even why you think that they will, is relative to this thread.

A small breakdown from my site:

Browns Offence vs. Steelers Defence: This is where the battle is won or lost imo. The Browns have the weapons to kill most teams in this league, if they get their offence rolling. That is why we'll need our Defence to be there and play a tough tough game. Im hoping that they'll let Troy help the secondaries throughout the game, since he seems like that is what he does best atm, and we can't affort to have him fooling around in this game. We need all 11 players to be there at every single play.
    If our D-line and LB's can put preasure on DA (which i have no doub they can) i think our defence will have an edge against the Browns offence.

Steelers Offence vs. Browns Defence:

Well. Its not a real competiton here. Browns defence still suck, even though they got a few new players. They just didnt do very well. I know they faced the best o-line in the league when they had Dallas against them, but our o-line isnt all that bad this year. We also have a big advantage in Browns secondaries. They just plain suck, and ben have shown us that he can bomb deep. Holmes have shown us that he can run the deep rutes, and catch the ball. So can nate and hines, so i think if we can just hit them deep, it'll be no match for the steelers. I think we have a really good chance at running against them on the outsite rutes. Them seem a little slow out there, and willie would have a pretty good chance of doing some great things there. They have some big guys in the middle of their D-line, which is going to be hard to run against. Barber showed that it is possible though.

Special Teams: Ouh yeah.. We lose here. Cribbs is a monster (if he returns), and even though we did show some good signs, im not sold on ST just yet. This will def. be the test. We need to shut them down, so they don't get a good field position. That is really important.

Overall: I think the steelers have the best team, with the most talent on. We have a "small" advantage on Defence and offence. Browns are desperate though. They know they need this victory, and they need it bad. They can't affort to lose against the steelers and get behind with 3 games. And no way they can affort it when they are playing in Cleveland.

I predict that Steelers will win, but its not a gimme game. We need to be there on every single play, and not just in 3 quaters.

WHO RIDE??? (sorry ive been wanting to shout that out loud since we won yesterday -.-)
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

If they can get pressure on DA early and often and keep them from finding a rythem, I say no problem...

Ben will need to be damn near perfect, NO TURNOVERS!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

It's Clowns week

the mistake by the lake will be 0-2 after this weekend!

Gold Standard
    The Clowns CANNOT beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. We can only beat ourselves by making mistakes and handing them the game. They do not possess the talent to impose their will on us. We on the other hand do possess the talent to impose our will on them. I expect another blowout. I believe our defense is better than Dallas's and if Derek Anderson played poorly against their pressure, he will collapse under ours!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    IF we play like we did yesterday and we don't play down to them or just beat ourselves with dumb mistakes and turnovers we will win this game no problem. We have the personnel to take this game and never give them a chance. It's important that we start out strong and rip their hearts out early so we can get in their heads. If we do that there's no reason we shouldn't win this game easily. Once we start smacking them around and they see that all that money they spent in FA hasn't done them any good, we'll see who's king of the AFCN!

That being said, the team needs to stay focused and game plan for this week only..taking care of business in the division is the first priority!

Better fire An. Smith up and get him on the field, he is the key, smash them in the face and they won't want to catch the ball!!

whats funny is DA started 8/11 and finished 0/9....thats typical DA.

shaun rogers was exposed in a 34...he can rush the passer from the interior line, but we knew that...hes god awful against the run.

this game wont be fair

Way ta start the sparks a flyin "Steel Brothers"I'm sure the Texans thought that they also had a chance to beat us.We struck so hard and fast,that i don't think our playbook got off of page one.We didn't even need to turn the page.We got an added bonus though,we play Dallas later on,and we have some extra film to look at for not only our coaches but our players. That is sooooo cool.Not that we look past this game,but i am sure we will remember that film come due time.It is kinda an added bonus for us.If our Special teams hold steady over the first quarter of this season,i will for sure "start" to believe we have made a step in the right direction.I have confidence that the o-line will only continue to gell.I thought they were rather impressive considering all the heat they took!!!!Guess they had something to prove to us,and the nay-sayers.Our secondary bent a little bit but never broke,i look for those guy's to step in up against the"Clowns,that will be even more down bye the lake".If they are drowning,throw them the old "Steel ball and chain" so we can make them sink even faster.No life preserver here!!!!!!Maybe they will come to realize that we are the"Steelers",otherwise know as the "Clowns Slayers!!!!!"
    Last edited by Gettysburgh_Steel; 09-08-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: They will be asking the question.....What kind of Hell is this????

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know our OL can hold up against the Browns front 7, that's no great feat...the key will be our front 7 against their offensive line. they've got some good players so getting to DA will be paramount. Once we do that and start rattling him it'll be all over.

Down with the Clowns!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-08-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Thread Information