Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anythony Smith & Sweed were inactive

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Anythony Smith & Sweed were inactive

We all kind of figured Sweed would be inactive today since Baker was named the 4th WR but I really would like to see him get in on the action more. Riding the bench is not going to help this kid. It's a nice problem to have for us with 3 solid WR's and an up and coming Baker on the roster but I think Tomlin really needs to get this guy as many reps as he can.

Anythony Smith being inactive was a bit of a shocker considering he's a key guy and played a lot of nickel defense for us up to this point. Making Madison the primary backup safety made sense though because he's a ST standout and the Texans have a very good return game.

Smith is isn't someone I expected to see on the inactive lists! I wondered why I wasn't seeing any big hits from him since there were a lot of them being dished out!

i didn't even notice that. i agree sweed shouldn't be riding the pine. we gotta work him in. BTW, i just got kicked off some texan board. those idiots were trying to say that they lost because of the refs! ridiculous. i had to represent.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    BTW, i just got kicked off some texan board. those idiots were trying to say that they lost because of the refs! ridiculous. i had to represent.
    HAHAHA i noticed that too, they were like... "If it wasnt for that bad spot on Schaubs 4th and 1, we would of had momentum" @SSCLOWNS

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I do not understand a second rounder who is not good enough to dress for a game? Somebody better light a fire ubder his @ss

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    I do not understand a second rounder who is not good enough to dress for a game? Somebody better light a fire ubder his @ss

Eh, Sweed is a rokkie at probably one of, if not the, most difficult position to learn in the NFL. Colleges simply do not implement an entire route tree which really hampers rokie wide out's ability to produce early on.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Eh, Sweed is a rokkie at probably one of, if not the, most difficult position to learn in the NFL. Colleges simply do not implement an entire route tree which really hampers rokie wide out's ability to produce early on.
    Just be happy we have great "project" waiting in the wings. He has the benefit of learning behind Ward and Holmes. Plus he doesnt have to be "the guy" anyway. Although, Nate really didnt help anyone with his play today. And with the lead we had, Sweed could have got some quality reps in the 4th. Thats my only problem with him not dressing!
    I was alot more concerned with the fact that Ant-Smith didnt even get to dress. For what reaon is our starter from last year, not good enough to dress!!? Maybe there is some behind the scenes problem with Smith! Wouldnt be suprised if that was the issue!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sweed will get his chances to play this year but they have Baker to get reps with too. I would imagine with Nate's contract up next year there's a good chance he may bolt for big money if his season is good. If not he'll probably re-sign with us. Either way I do want them to switch up between Baker & Sweed so they both get reps in the game, they are 2 young top prospects that can really help us but they just need time & experience.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Eh, Sweed is a rokkie at probably one of, if not the, most difficult position to learn in the NFL.

Yea...but Sweed can drop a pass as easily as Washington
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information