Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overall thoughts on the offense; play calling

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Overall thoughts on the offense; play calling

Bruce Arians and the Steelers offense treated us to a clinic today right up until the 4th quarter when the starters began coming out of the game. Ben, well you can't have much better stats than what he did today. Only misfiring on 1 pass and really just taking pretty much whatever he wanted from the defense. He had time to throw and spread the ball around all day. He was accurate and just really made it look easy.

Parker was a stud today and bettered his TD production from all of last season already this year. He ran hard, tough, and found the holes nicely once he got going.

I liked seeing Mendenhall get action today, that built his confidence and he made some good hard runs.

Hines, well he's just the man as always, his blocking was key all day long as was his 2 TD's where he just completely faked out the secondary and got open.

I like the play calling overall today and was impressed with the offense being able to move the ball and not only play smash mouth but also to be versatile. The series right before half time was alittle irritating but other other an that I have no complaints from Arians & Tomlin there.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-07-2008 at 05:10 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You can't complain when the offense scores 38 and dominated like they did today....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    and the best part was that it wasn't just 1 or 2 players making everything happen; Heath was involved early, Mendenhall made some good runs, Spaeth caught a pass, Holmes made an impact, Parker was crazy, the list goes on...Arians did a real good job of putting Ben in situations to make plays for us but the OL was key.

Rookie Free Agent
    We played great today, I just hope we dont go into Sunday night thinking its going to be as easy as it was today but I don't think we will

and i agree with you on that drive before the second half

when byron leftiwch came into the game, why not run a play action after a couple runs sending Holmes deep and just letting Byron launch the football?? i think we should have tried something like that

another thing do you think Byron Leftiwchs passes are uncatchable? because his throws are accurate but our WR's cant handle it, or do you think that our WR's just arent used to the way he throws
    Last edited by SteelCityPride08; 09-07-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Gold Standard
    Yes, its very hard to find negatives with such a dominating performance. Only plays I didn't like were when Ben took some shots and got up slowly.

I agree on the Byron "Nolan Ryan" fastballs. Is it necessary to break fingers with your passes? Sometimes those passes are necessary but it seems as though Byron doesn't know how to take anything off. Is there a changeup in the arsenal?
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 09-07-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Horny
    very good on offence today!!! the only pass that ben missed was just a smart play to get rid of it! Willie was a beast his first ever three rushing td game!!! what a way to start the season! Loved the play calling and everything about the game today hats off!

Man the "D" really impressed the hell outta me,,,,,,,Our LB's has to be the best in the game,,,,,,,,,,,,Hats off to an all around awesome opening game

A huge ````` to Polamalu,,,,,Seems like he's back to the Troy we all love,"Playmaker and Quiet Storm"

Tailgate Coordinator
    I think it was a well called offense today, we were balanced pretty well, and we won the 3rd down battle.

I'm A "Champion"

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I wanted to see Holmes a little more, but we didn`t need the pass today

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    That was the first time I saw the Steelers execute to perfection in all 4 phases of the game. ( Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Coaching)

Let's hope this was not a mirage and the players and coaches stay focused throughout the season.

Thread Information