Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The offensive line was blocking "loud" today!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation The offensive line was blocking "loud" today!

Props to the offensive line today,make no mistake about it the Texans front 7 is no group of slouches and considering the flack our front 5 have taken it was great to see them coming out and just establishing their dominance almost right out of the gate.

With the exception of the play just before HT when Ben got crunched they just completely dominated today. FWP had lanes all day long and Ben was able to find the open receiver all day long and make plays.

I watched Hartwig and he held his own pretty darn well and kept the pressure from coming up the middle and not allowing the plays to get blown up from the start like Mahan did last year. I was watching Kemoeatu today too and he had a couple problems pulling early but he was getting better as the game went on and he really started feeling comfortable.

This was just the type of game we needed out of them to build their confidence.

Starter
    To any **** Stain fans on this board, I hope you watched this game so you can see whats to come for your sorry *** team. I cant believe that anybody would even speculate to the browns beating Pitt this year.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The OL was fantastic today...I have to give them props.....Hartwig proved to be a huge upgrade over Mahan...Mahan was pushed back constantly all year....Hartwig held his own and did a nice job...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was really impressed with both Tackles today especially. Colon & Smith just really did their job and both Willie and Rashard had holes on edge all day as long as watching the interior guys really just blowing open lanes and allowing Ben time to throw to virtually anywhere he wanted.

Marvel did give up 2 sacks, but I can't remember if Williams lined up at a different position on the line.
    Last edited by steelcityrockers; 09-07-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: I re-read it and it made no sense

Offencive line was great - still a tad shakey at pass protection but run blocking was awsome - as TG said Hartwig was great.

The dee line was also great and put loads of pressure on the texans. I think my favourtie moment was when Eason ran down the RB!!! wow!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Marvel did give up 2 sacks. Although I can't remember if they were directly his fault since the Texans RDE had 2 sacks...
    Marvel did have a good game though....Mario Williams is one football player...So he is going to get his sacks....The OL surprised me today....Better then I thought they would be...

The O-line's performance made the largest impact on the entire offense today. It was refreshing to see them performing as a complete unit. After watching some of their play in the pre-season I had serious concerns that similar issues from last year would remain. Although it is still too early to say they are completely improved, they still have shown strong signs of improvement.

BuFu

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Marvel did give up 2 sacks. Although I can't remember if they were directly his fault since the Texans RDE had 2 sacks...
    Mario williams is a monster, considering how good he is and how he really was the only player to do anything against us all day it wasn't a half bad job by the big hogs. I didn't like seeing Ben getting taken down but overall they were solid.

The o-line had a couple break downs late in the first half but overall I think they did a good job! Definitely a confidence building day for the entire line and something to build on for next week!

The shot to Bens knee was cheap and should be looked at by the league!

Thread Information