Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blitzburgh defense total domination!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Blitzburgh defense total domination!

Damn was Wood playing well today or what, he was on fire and gave us a taste of things to come. 1 sack & 1 int and 3 tackles to boot. The entire defense was just amazing today, Schaub never had a chance. After the 1st drive they just started dialing in the pressure and collapsing the pocket giving the Texans just no time to do anything all day. A totally impressive and dominating performance today. The secondary was sure in their tackling today, they swarmed to the ball and overall played very well.

Great job by Troy today with 3 tackles and 1 INT. Considering how bad he has played the last 2 years with injuries and just poor performance this was a welcome site. that hit he put on the receiver in the 1st quarter head to head and just knocking him backwards brought back visions of the Troy of old. He played very well today and hopefully he'll just continue to get better.

You can't forget Farrior, 2 T & 3 assists with a half sack too. That big contract hasn't changed him a bit.

James Harrison had a sack and a fumble recovery and 4 tackles/1 assist. Silverback is picking up right where he left off last year and now that he has help with Wood in the lineup it's just flat scary!

Big Casey may not have the stats today but he was HUGE reason they Texans couldn't run the ball, he was stoudt and held his gap play after the play. The big snack attack is back !!

Overall a completely stellar performance by the defense and you can't help but be happy for them even in week 1.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.

great great start to the season. I love what the O line was doing especially the interior part Hartwig, and Kemo. Hartwig is a definate upgrade. Defence is awsome putting loads of pressure and great tackling hittting!!

Great start to the season more of this please!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    It was a very good performance by the whole entire defense today....But they came out like gang busters last year also against the average to weak teams....I always keep it in perspective...I'm very happy with the defense and the win....But there is a ton of football left to be played....

The Defense came out strong today! They looked hungry and were ready from the start.

TG already mentioned all the stats and players, but as a whole, I enjoyed seeing every member of the defense getting a shot and making big plays. The Texans had no running game today, and the passing game was tortured every time they made a gain. The Texans were truly punished for every yard they gained. Dwayne Brown, the rookie left tackle for the Texans might need some counseling after being run over repeatedly today.

Today reinforced my love of defense in football....and more importantly my love of Blitzburgh!

BuFu
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    It was a very good performance by the whole entire defense today....But they came out like gang busters last year also against the average to weak teams....I always keep it in perspective...I'm very happy with the defense and the win....But there is a ton of football left to be played....
    I understand what you are saying, but it is encouraging to see the defense hit the ground running. It will take a lot of endurance, strength, and intelligence to keep playing so well this season, but at this point at least the team is exhibiting those elements right now.

BuFu
    Last edited by Hburg; 09-07-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not to bad for a bunch of old dudes! The D was simply amazing today... although I would have like to see them stay focused for the entire game because I hate seeing cheap points late in the game. They did what they do best... stopped the run and disrupted the timing of the Texans passing game. The D is 10 times better than last years

Can't say enough about Woodley and Timmons, they were both impressive and is a good sign for the future of the Steelers D!!! Special teams definitely looked good as well!!

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Not to bad for a bunch of old dudes! The D was simply amazing today... although I would have like to see them stay focused for the entire game because I hate seeing cheap points late in the game. They did what they do best... stopped the run and disrupted the timing of the Texans passing game. The D is 10 times better than last years

Can't say enough about Woodley and Timmons, they were both impressive and is a good sign for the future of the Steelers D!!! Special teams definitely looked good as well!!
    lol old dudes!!! woodley and timmons were great not to mention harrison!!! I do agree i hate when they go into the prevent and pretty much LET them score the late easy points! but it is what it is and we came out with a nice win! Great game Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWard View Post
    lol old dudes!!! woodley and timmons were great not to mention harrison!!! I do agree i hate when they go into the prevent and pretty much LET them score the late easy points! but it is what it is and we came out with a nice win! Great game Guys!
    The "old dudes" comment was in regards to the Browns fans hanging around this week saying the Steelers D is old!

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    The "old dudes" comment was in regards to the Browns fans hanging around this week saying the Steelers D is old!
    I know i picked up on that thats why i laughed!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Timmons got a lot of playing time today as we knew he would and he showed up big today, I was happy to see him involved with the starters.

those cheap points at the end pissed me off too, if the starters had been in there they wouldn't have scored that 2nd TD for sure. they started brining in some backups at the end of the 3rd and I was afraid they Texans might get a cheap TD out of it. Better though to not risk injury when the game is out of reach.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Timmons got a lot of playing time today as we knew he would and he showed up big today, I was happy to see him involved with the starters.

those cheap points at the end pissed me off too, if the starters had been in there they wouldn't have scored that 2nd TD for sure. they started brining in some backups at the end of the 3rd and I was afraid they Texans might get a cheap TD out of it. Better though to not risk injury when the game is out of reach.
    Imagine of Timmons was starting?....I really think he could be the X-Factor that really makes this defense special...............

The defense was great....I'm very happy with the entire D....They all played well....I can't knock any of the effort or performance by any player on that entire unit today....They're going to have bring those type of performances consistently this year with some of the teams on the schedule....

Thread Information