Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antwan Peek out for the season for Browns...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Antwan Peek out for the season for Browns...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=8787

The Stains take a pretty big hit to their defense losing one of their starting linebackers the entire season.

Bad news for Browns fans....

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - Cleveland Browns linebacker Antwan Peek has suffered a season-ending knee injury.

Fantasy Football
    Features includeraft Guide | Live Draft Application
    Real-Time Scoring | Expert Analysis
    League Stories, Polls, Boards & More
    Create A League Today!Coach Romeo Crennel said Thursday that Peek ruptured his right patellar tendon while running during Wednesday's workout.

It's a big setback for a Cleveland defense which ranked 30th overall last year and must face the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

The club will re-sign Shantee Orr, who was waived last week, to fill Peek's roster spot.

Crennel said Orr will likely see playing time Sunday along with rookie Alex Hall, a seventh-round pick who had an impressive training camp and exhibition season.

Peek was signed as an unrestricted free agent in 2007 after spending four seasons with Houston.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Browns linebacker Antwan Peek suffered a torn patella tendon in practice Wednesday and is out for the season. He underwent surgery Thursday morning to repair the tendon, coach Romeo Crennel said.
    The Browns re-signed linebacker Shantee Orr to help replace Peek. Orr will see action in the linebacker rotation in Sunday's season opener at Cleveland Browns Stadium against the Dallas Cowboys.

It also means rookie Alex Hall will see playing time behind starting outside linebacker Willie McGinest.

Peek was on track to return from arthroscopic surgery on his right knee July 31st. The Browns were looking forward to a healthy Peek helping to improve the pass rush and take some double-teaming away from Kamerion Wimbley.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

You guys will be surprised on how well Alex Hall will play.

Too bad Brownies, must be a terrible feeling knowing that no matter what your team does, bad luck always bites ya in the @ss.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sure t will be a feel good story about how Alex "Arsenio" Hall made the team and all. However, if the rest of the D fails to live up to its over hyped reputation, Alex Hall too will fail.

Atleast the Browns got your hopes up?
    Last edited by ToothAche; 09-04-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
    You guys will be surprised on how well Alex Hall will play.
    that depends on what your definition of "play" means. being on the field running around like a chicken with his head cut off doesn't count.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

The browns can't get any luck at all.Seems like even fate is against those poor bastards!(LOL)

Veteran
    My Mood
    chiefs-hater
    I watched the Steelers-Browns opener from last year the other night. Peek was about the only bright spot for them in that particuliar game. He played a good game.

I don't wish injuries on them. I want to kick there asses with all of our starters and all of there starters playing.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Torn patellar tendon...isn't that what derailed Greg Lloyd's career?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Clowns
    After all the injuries the Steelers had at the end of last season such as Willie Parker,Aaron Smith,and even Troy and Ryan Clark I dont feel bad for anybody especially the Browns having guys go down. It sucks when it happens but hey you move on and go with the guys you have much like the Steelers did late last season going into the playoffs when they were 1 4th down and 2 play away from winning a playoff game and advancing to the 2nd round.

Thread Information