Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you think the Steelers will win Sunday?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
    Well if the Texans play the WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY. The Steelers won't have a chance either. It's 50-50 every game no matter how good you know the team is. Just like how the Patriots were 18-0 going into the SB. It was still a 50-50 chance. And the Giants won.
    it is NOT 50/50 that should be clearly shown in that you have not beaten us in 9 years. we own you. we are a better team and have been for almost a decade, it wont change now. some teams are coached better, more talented, and some just know how to win. a-la our 5 rings and us owning you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    sorry he caught me and tried to make me change the topic. i think the steelers will win because they are the BETTER team its not 50/50 we are better.
    Last edited by $teelersRule; 09-03-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    Excuse me Mr.Crenell,this thread is why do you think the Steelers will win Sunday.Not why you think they will lose. Start a new one please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't say they were going to lose. YOU GUYS NEED TO START READING MY POSTS!!

Tailgate Coordinator
    From another board, and like this members outlook:

I guess it is time to start this season right. I thought about reprising the “Why I do not fear” series, but basically, since I do not fear any team and always feel we have a chance, a basic breakdown of each unit and how I feel we will attack them should suffice. This one is always the toughest for me because you know so little about the other team and really do not know how your team will perform. Will the line block? Will Harrison and Woodley go buck *** wild? Will Parker and Mendenhall grind the cleats off their shoes with pounding run after pounding run? Have the Texans really improved their lines? Is their secondary as bad as it looks? With that said, no need to continue to babble on and on.

Steelers Offense VS Texans Defense

From 2003 to 2007, the Texans spent their first round pick on defense with three of those selections being on the defensive line. Their best player is Mario Williams, who is a monster at right defensive end. Marvel Smith has played well this preseason facing some of the better pass rushers in the league. The Eagles, Bills, and Vikings all presented active pass rushers with high motors and excellent speed, and Smith was up to the task. Williams is a bit of a different animal though as he has massive size, good speed, and power. The power element is something Smith has not saw this preseason, but Smith has not historically struggled with power. This battle will be big and key. We may see quite a few two tight end sets to rough Williams up a little. Willie Colon will have his hands full as well with Anthony Weaver, but I like having Weaver over Colon a lot more than I would like Williams over Colon. On the inside, the Texans have two first round picks in Okoye and Travis Johnson. I think Okoye will become a good NFL player one day, but he still has some growing to do, both physically and mentally. Johnson is not an overwhelming player either. I do not think these two guys will test the middle of this line in the manner the Vikings did. I think we see the Steelers chip the end or wash them past runs, man up in the middle, slip a lineman to the 2nd level onto the Texans linebackers. This linebacking group is pretty young, so watch for the Steelers to set them up with play action. Miller and Spaeth’s size will be huge over the middle. The Steelers will also try to slip the tight end onto the linebackers creating creases for Parker and Mendenhall. I expect the Steelers to run quick hitters to get the backs to the 2nd level with off-tackle runs coming later. They will want to crease the defense early, drawing the focus of the linebackers and trying to pull the secondary in to help. In the passing game, the Texans will be without their stud Dunta Robinson. While I like Fred Bennett, he is not an elite corner. He has good speed and size, but gives too great a cushion at times, can get turned by better route runners (Ward) and sometimes loses speedy wide receivers (Holmes). I feel Bennett is the Texan’s 2nd corner. I am not impressed with C.C. Brown at strong safety and their backup corners are suspect. We all know Will Demps from his days with the Ravens. The Texans secondary will have a long day against the Steelers wide receiving group. I think we see Ward and Holmes make a few catches short before the Steelers try to strike deep to Holmes. Offensively, if this line holds, and I think it will, the offense rolls early and rolls hard.

Texans Offense VS Steelers Defense

It may surprise people, but the Texans’ line has improved from the days of David Carr and the draft commercials with no one in front of him as he took the snap. They only allowed 22 sacks last season. The Texans have made two significant changes to that line though, one being at left tackle. It appears that Duane Brown will start in front of Ephraim Salaam and Chris Myers is the new center, replacing Mike Flanagan. The Texans have transformed their offense since Kubiac moved over from Denver. They still lack a feature running back but do have a more than capable quarterback, stud wide receiver, and up and coming supporting cast of pass catchers behind their star. Now that we know where the Texans stand, here is where the defense gets after them. Ahman Green is listed as their starter and while he was a great runner in Green Bay, his better days are behind him, way behind him. Chris Brown is out. Chris Taylor and Steve Slaton are the next guys in line. Slaton is explosive and his big plays can give you cause for concern, but, he is still a rookie in his first game going against one of the better run defenses in football. I think the Steelers will take the run away quickly in this matchup forcing the Texans to rely on their passing game. Duane Brown will get baptized into the NFL quickly with James Harrison doing the dunking. I fully expect Harrison to twist and turn this rookie until the Texans are simply forced to keep the running back in to help. Another key area aside from Harrison will be Hampton in the middle. I really do not feel that Myers can handle Hampton alone, so the double team must come either from Pitts or Briesel. Aaron Smith should also garner a double team because he will be too difficult for Eric Winston. And, therein lies the problem, the Texans lack any pure thoroughbred along the line and the Steelers bring Hampton and Smith, two Pro Bowlers that require attention. In addition, the Steelers will bring pressure from Harrison and the exciting 2nd year player Lamar Woodley. Woodley cannot be blocked by a tight end or running back simply because he is too powerful. He has routinely sat tackles on their backside this preseason. When you line straight up, the Steelers front seven present a daunting task for the Texans’ line and that does not include the exotic blitz packages. In the secondary, the Steelers have the potential to match up well with the Texans receivers. While many will state they present no real blue chip corner, the Steelers have a deep group of capable cover men and back that up with Troy Polamalu, one of the best in the NFL. Ryan Clark also brings a calming presence to the defense and they simply play better when he is there. The Texans opportunity will come on splash plays if it comes at all. This game could turn ugly early if the defense can twist this line. Watch for Woodley and Harrison to play huge this game and expect some early turnovers that result in easy offensive scores.

Special Teams
    Both teams should be even in the place kicking department although Kris Brown may not settle well at Heinz Field. If it is an edge, it is slight. When forced to punt, I have to give the edge to the Texans simply because the Steelers are shaking the dust off of street guys. Again, this may not be a huge edge. In the return game, the Texans use former Steeler Andre Davis on returns and he took three for scores last year. They have a solid punt return game. Those are two areas where the Steelers have to improve. Fortunately, Berger will not out kick the coverage units, so maybe this area won’t kill us. If the Texans are getting their field position off kickoffs, it means the Steelers are scoring. I’ll spot them the forty yard line if we are putting up 7.

This game is a game the Steelers should win. I would expect the Steelers to be double digit favorites and if they are, take the Men of Steel. This could get ugly quick. Look for sacks, turnovers, and field position early for the Steelers.

Steelers 24-Texans 3.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I gotta give you guys credit, you're playing nice together with the rival fan

Cribbs has the talent to run a kick back at any time against anybody, he's one of the best in the business. It's our job to keep him from doing that.

As far as this week goes though, the Texans special teams are no slouches and it's a good test for us. Their defense in general is pretty solid so our OL will get a decent test right out of the gate.
    I do feel ya silverback,cause i been preachin special teams.That is why i think we will win against the Houston Texans. Special Teams improvement.They have nothing to prove to coach"Tomlin" cept why he kept them around.They have nothing to prove to the offense.They have nothing to prove to the defense either.No better way to make friends with your offense ,than giving them the ball at the 50 yd. line.There is no better way to make friends with your defense than to back the opposing team inside the 15.It all starts from special teams.Something we have not had here for a while. Cowers first year?
    Bobby April? Louis Lipps returning kicks? We need to get the special teams back big time.Everything will fall into place following the Houston "Oiler" game.

Well if the Texans play the WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY. The Steelers won't have a chance either. It's 50-50 every game no matter how good you know the team is. Just like how the Patriots were 18-0 going into the SB. It was still a 50-50 chance. And the Giants won.
    wrong. i said if the steelers play the way they're supposed to, IT WON'T BE CLOSE. and it's not always a 50/50 chance. teams are better than others. the steelers have a better chance of winning on sunday because they're better. just like we have a better chance of beating skeeveland because we're better. don't be mad at that. if you want to start talking trash, start a different thread. but i would highly suggest that you hold the trash talking down until you at least BEAT us sometime in the next decade.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    josh who??? you're talking a lot of smack for not beating the steelers in 377583475665784939 years.
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

I think we will beat the Texans because we are a better team and we have better players at most of the key positions. Plus, I can't see us losing in our home opener on opening Sunday.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

The main reason i think we win this game is we don't have a guy named Maddox at the QB position.This will be our third meeting with the "Texans",we won at thier house,and they won at our house.The game they won 24-6 with 47 total yards of offense,they returned two Maddox interceptions,and a fumble for touchdowns. "They" had a party last time they were at "our" house.This time i think we will be throwing the party!!!!!!Like to see em try and get out of the "Burgh" this time with 47 yards of offense and a win!!!!!!!Ain't gonna happen.We owe them a whuppin,and i think it will be doled out this Sun.@Heinz field.1:00 p.m. sharp Texans,be there,get what is rightfully yours,it belongs to ya,the ***-whuppin you got coming to ya!The final whistle blowing to end the game will be the only friend you will find here!!!!!!!!

I was just stating the obvious. There's no way in hell that no one will score a TD off a kickoff or a punt return this season. Your guys special teams are not that good.

Anywho, offensive line blocking Ben will be a big part of the Steelers winning.
    The obvious is you're gay, go away shiatstain!!

Cribbs will be on IR by game 3 mark my words, yes game 3, after the game with us.....Broken leg!! Write it down fruitcake!!

Tell it like it is "STEEL BROTHER"!Maybe he went back home to his "Downs" site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    Tell it like it is "STEEL BROTHER"!Maybe he went back home to his "Downs" site.
    hopefully. he better be preparing for the cowgirls to light them up this week.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information