Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Browns (Wk. 2)

Smile Steelers vs. Browns (Wk. 2)

vs.

Sunday September 14, 2008
    8:15 PM EST

The Steelers opened up the season with a very convincing win against the Texans. The offensive line was clicking and Parker was steam rolling through the defense. Didn't see much of Big Ben but he did have two TD passes and was put on the ground a couple of times.

This weekend the Steelers hop on the bus and travel to Cleveland to face the Browns Sunday night. The Browns came on strong last year, but were still swept by the Steelers. This year the Browns have said it's their year and will dethrone the Steelers from the AFCN... this is their time to try! On paper, it's hard to imagine the Browns are any better than they were last year.

The Browns defense is next to last in the league after just one week. That does not mean much but to give up almost 500 total yards you have to wonder if the Browns can even contend this year. Giving up that many yards says the D is on the field an awful lot over the course of 60 minutes and to make matters worse they lost their only real staple in the secondary this past week... so an already weak secondary is even weaker!

The Steelers continue to do what they do best, jump on their opponent, go for the kill and then shut down the offense and pound the ball to kill the clock. The offensive line still remains to be the big question as they let the Texans get to Big Ben twice last week. Granted they looked good for a majority of the game, but that was only one game. FWP is off to a fast start as seems to be the case for him since he became a starter. This weekends game is his achilles heal though... it's on the road! Parker has never done well on the road for some reason, hopefully the fact that it's still September will counter the Steelers are on the road.

Big Ben did not have to do much last week, but what he did was effective! 13 of 14 for 137 yards and 2 TD's... as long as the Steelers keep winning I'll take those kind of numbers every week! Ben was reported as having a sore shoulder but nothing more. For the most part the Steelers came through a rough week around the NFL without any serious injuries. The keys to winning this week is really to continue what was started last week:
    • Defense needs to get to the QB and stop the run
    • Pound FWP all day with a little Mendenhall
    • Big Ben needs to pick apart a weak secondary

Join us this Sunday night, here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!!!!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-22-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    The streak should be the head to head streak. That would look better.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    15 out of the last 16, 9 in a row overall and 7 in a row at Cleveland Browns Stadium. I look for the streak to continue and reach 10 games. By the way does anybody know off hand if the Steelers are wearing their black jersey's or white ones for this game on Sunday?? I know the Browns wore their whites at home last week against Dallas and sometimes where their whites at home. I say this because I always like to wear the same color jersey that the Steelers are wearing for that particular game. Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about this just curious...

We out to cream them as long as the steelers are playing as they did last week.. We are favor to win this week

Alright, lets get the countdown started.

The Browns love the "Steelers" .....The Browns would "love" to beat the Steelers.I say they have a lot to prove!!!!!!!!

Injury Report...

An injury list like the Browns have only open up the can of excuses!!!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    i know how the Browns can beat the Steelers.........
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    i know how the Browns can beat the Steelers.........
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    How?
    yeah, how?
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information