Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does everyone see week 1 playing out...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    If we jump on Houston early on in this game I think we can roll; however, if the Steelers let the Texans hang around in this game in the 2nd half going into the 4th quarter this could be a lot closer then people think. If they can get up like 10-0 or 14-0 early in this game it will totally take away Houston's run game and it will force Schaub into making a lot of mistakes and turning the ball over.
    ya, if schaub starts relying on throwing to play catch up, our d might end up with 6 INT's.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Schaub is a tad overrated but don't mistake him for Favre. He usually knows how to take care of the football.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Fred Bennett is as good if not better than Robinson. Their OLine is much better than their reputation would leave you to believe (Allowed 22 sacks last year if I remember right) and they have Alex Gibbs coaching them (he almost single handedly created the Denver running phenomenon) They have a solid trio of backs in Steve Slaton (who I didn't like coming out but he looks pretty good), Ahman Green who can still get it done if healthy and Chris Taylor, an unknown favorite of the coaching staff.
    i dont think taylor will do anything despite how high the staff might be on him, slaton is perfect for teh zone scheme but hes no every down back. green, despite what you think....actually cant get it done, hes not really a get it done guy....point is that run game is nothing to be afraid of

Taylor is a pwerful back. Not real fast, but he runs low and pushes the pile. He reads his blocks well (vital for the zone blocking scheme.) Green, when not injured, runs downhill and still may have some of the burst that made him good left. Fumbling is not as much of an issue with him now. Not one of their backs is an every down guy, but togethe they form a competent trio. No, they don't have that guy that you hate to see line up in the backfield, but if they all do their part, it should work for them. Their offense should never be compared to something like Indy's our ours even. But it is better than a couple playoff teams from last year (cough Titans cough cough.)

The Texans improved alot from last year and they have a healthy Shaub & Johnson,,,,
    We need to control the clock & run the ball down thr throat & then hit'em deep on play action to holmes,nate or sweed for an early lead,,,,,,,,,,We should win this game by 10 and we better at least win this game or it could bite us later in the season !!!!!

Hash-Browns will lose by at least 14,,,,,,,thr secondary cannot handle Dal---

The Bengirls will out kick the Rat-Turds,,,,,,,,,They have the better QB to get them in fieldgoal range,,,,,,,Final Score 16 Bungho's----Rat's 6

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I like the Steelers, cowgirls, and bung holes to all win. By how many doesn`t matter anyway. Its now time to show up!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    If Pittsburgh comes 2 play i c them beating the texans 37-17.

I'll make a prediction of 31-20 Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Don't sleep on the Texans.....They have a solid DL and very good special teams....Their DL could give our OL fits...Plus we all know about our special team woes.....lol...Plus Matt Schaub is a solid QB....He is prototypical 3-5 step drop back QB....So our pass rush better get there....

However I really like the Steelers in this game.....I think 31-17 sounds good....

Cowboys will thrash the Browns....I also think the Ravens will beat the Bengals...
    You kinda took the words right outa my mouth when you mentioned special teams play.They were a steeler killer last year(st) and for a while now.They were pretty good in the pre-season,but if they can carry that play to a real game,then i think this should be a pretty entertaining win for us.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    You kinda took the words right outa my mouth when you mentioned special teams play.They were a steeler killer last year(st) and for a while now.They were pretty good in the pre-season,but if they can carry that play to a real game,then i think this should be a pretty entertaining win for us.
    Houston does have a good return game with Andre Davis and Jacoby Jones both have very good speed and are capable of running back balls for scores so that is definitely one area the Steelers MUST focus on this week when they put the gameplan together of how to slow down the Texans.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    The Texans improved alot from last year and they have a healthy Shaub & Johnson,,,,
    We need to control the clock & run the ball down thr throat & then hit'em deep on play action to holmes,nate or sweed for an early lead,,,,,,,,,,We should win this game by 10 and we better at least win this game or it could bite us later in the season !!!!!

Hash-Browns will lose by at least 14,,,,,,,thr secondary cannot handle Dal---

The Bengirls will out kick the Rat-Turds,,,,,,,,,They have the better QB to get them in fieldgoal range,,,,,,,Final Score 16 Bungho's----Rat's 6
    Flacco was named the starting QB this week for the Ravens with the injuries to Smith and Boller so that should be very interesting to see how he performs against a bad defense in Cincy.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 09-01-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information