Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does everyone see week 1 playing out...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

How does everyone see week 1 playing out...

Just wanted to get some early predicitions on all of the games within our division this coming weekend. I like the Steelers to beat the Texans in a pretty close hard fought game. This game will by no means be a gimmie game seeing that the Texans have a very very good defense especially up front, and some good weapons on offense. The Steelers will need to show up in this game and play well which I think they will be able to do to pull out the win.

I like the Cowboys also to sneak by the Browns as well. I think the Browns playing at home in this game gives them a decent shot to win, but in the end I just think the Cowboys have too many weapons on offense for the Browns suspect defense to be able to slow down enough to win. This game could possibly come down to late in the 4th quarter or a last minute FG, but nonetheless I still like Dallas to come out of Cleveland with a win.

Lastly, the game between the Ravens and Bengals is a toss up and might be one of the worst games of the weekend. I dont think there will be much offense from neither team in this game. My gut tells me right now I like Cincy but something also tells me that the Ravens will find a way to pull this game out seeing that they are playing at home and their defense is still pretty solid enough to slow Cincy down just enough to win.

As Ive stated before on here with Cincy and Baltimore most likely not going to be a factor in the division race at all, it really makes the Browns Dallas game and our game with Houston criticial going into our week 2 matchup in Cleveland on Sunday night. If the Steelers beat Houston and the Browns lose to the Cowboys then that is going to set up pretty much as close to a MUST win game for the Browns in week 2 of you're going to get. The Browns just cannot afford to virtually fall 3 games behind the Steelers with the tiebraker included in that 2 weeks into the season especially losing a game at home to the Steelers as well. If this happens it will be very very hard for the Browns to overcome the rest of the season and they will be fighting and uphill battle to catch the Steelers for the majority of the season and that is just something the Browns cannot afford to have happen if they hope to contend and win this division this year.

The Steelers will dominate the Texans. A shutout would not suprise me. The Browns will be soundly beaten by the Cowboys at home. Derek Anderson will struggle and the Q.B. controversy will began. The Bengals will defeat the Ravens. The Ravens off. might set records for the least pts. scored in a season. The Bengals might set records for being the worst coached team ever. In short the division is ours for the taking. Now if you will excuse me, I fear that I have lost a beer, I must find it. Happy Holiday to everyone.

Gold Standard
    The Steelers should easily handle the Texans. The only thing that could make this a close game would be turnovers (Mendenhall). Hopefully he can keep those big guns of his wrapped firmly around the pigskin!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Don't sleep on the Texans.....They have a solid DL and very good special teams....Their DL could give our OL fits...Plus we all know about our special team woes.....lol...Plus Matt Schaub is a solid QB....He is prototypical 3-5 step drop back QB....So our pass rush better get there....

However I really like the Steelers in this game.....I think 31-17 sounds good....

Cowboys will thrash the Browns....I also think the Ravens will beat the Bengals...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Take the poll on the homepage too that asks this very question

If the Steelers take care of the football and get after Schaub we can win this game by 14 pionts but if we turn it over and the ST gives up big plays then it's going to be a lot closer than any of us want it to be.

I look for Ben to be able to make some plays against them and Heath should play a big part in this game as well. They will be going after Mendenhall every chance they get so he needs to come through solid for us because you can't give a team like the texans any confidence by allowing them to score cheap points.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-01-2008 at 03:44 PM.

texans d line is pretty stout. i predict a lot of heath and willie action.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

texans d is not that good, mario williams is a beast and okoye is a good player but the other half of the line is garbage and the only other good player they got is demeco ryans since dunta robinson is out...that secondary is weak with him, without him its garbage....we should bomb all over them. i remember when we played the texans for the opener in houston 3 years ago it was a rout this shouldnt be much different. They have a pathetic run game, a sorry oline (worse than ours) and i really think Ike Taylor is one of the few who can handle a big guy like andre johnson who imo is the best WR in the nfl right now

The Texans have no running game. Schuab will be so confused, that he will question his own ability to tie his shoes. I predict a shutout. Anything else will be uncivilized.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    texans d is not that good, mario williams is a beast and okoye is a good player but the other half of the line is garbage and the only other good player they got is demeco ryans since dunta robinson is out...that secondary is weak with him, without him its garbage....we should bomb all over them. i remember when we played the texans for the opener in houston 3 years ago it was a rout this shouldnt be much different. They have a pathetic run game, a sorry oline (worse than ours) and i really think Ike Taylor is one of the few who can handle a big guy like andre johnson who imo is the best WR in the nfl right now

Fred Bennett is as good if not better than Robinson. Their OLine is much better than their reputation would leave you to believe (Allowed 22 sacks last year if I remember right) and they have Alex Gibbs coaching them (he almost single handedly created the Denver running phenomenon) They have a solid trio of backs in Steve Slaton (who I didn't like coming out but he looks pretty good), Ahman Green who can still get it done if healthy and Chris Taylor, an unknown favorite of the coaching staff.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    If we jump on Houston early on in this game I think we can roll; however, if the Steelers let the Texans hang around in this game in the 2nd half going into the 4th quarter this could be a lot closer then people think. If they can get up like 10-0 or 14-0 early in this game it will totally take away Houston's run game and it will force Schaub into making a lot of mistakes and turning the ball over.

Thread Information